PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

OK thanks for that. I doubt we will ever see full animated pitstops to be honest. They will shelve them for pcars 2 most probably. But that's just my opinion.

Well you have been wrong on most of your predictions so far....no suport or patches, I think you said 1 or 2 before they move on to pCARS 2 :)

But for ones I hope your right and that instead of animated AI controlled pit stops that they look at iRacing and do a copy paste of there pit solution.

Well you have been wrong on most of your predictions so far....no suport or patches, I think you said 1 or 2 before they move on to pCARS 2 :)
Mr investor ONT, Please point it out to me where I have said anything about predictions and please point out where I have been wrong. Don't state things that are not true. :rolleyes::whistling:

queue ONT's frantic search of old posts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One's again I am a heavy INVESTOR 30 or 40 $ I think it was.......whoopti doo....I got a 50% discount, with you its like a tourettes syndrome trying to insert what you think is inflammatory in every post....tiresome at best.

I don't copy and save ever post from you sorry....feel free to edit your post :)

Last edited:
One's again I am a heavy INVESTOR 30 or 40 $ I think it was.......whoopti doo....I got a 50% discount, with you its like a tourettes syndrome trying to inset what you think is inflammatory in every post....tiresome at best.

I don't copy and save ever post from you sorry....feel free to edit your post :)
I though not. Just come on and make some rubbish up as usual.

OK thanks for that. I doubt we will ever see full animated pitstops to be honest. They will shelve them for pcars 2 most probably. But that's just my opinion.

Unfortunately I think this is the direction a lot of features will start heading for this game. I've been following their thread on the AI and recently saw a developer mention that instead of further developing the AI they will instead transition any improvements into the next game because currently in their opinion it's good enough.

This was exactly part of my concern with their announcement of pCARS 2, with a feature that should be improved on in the current game being moved to the new game.

Lol I don't make rubbish up mr
But you did. You stated: "Well you have been wrong on most of your predictions so far....no suport or patches, I think you said 1 or 2 before they move on to pCARS 2"

So where exactly did I say that? What were my predictions as you say?

Unfortunately I think this is the direction a lot of features will start heading for this game. I've been following their thread on the AI and recently saw a developer mention that instead of further developing the AI they will instead transition any improvements into the next game because currently in their opinion it's good enough.

This was exactly part of my concern with their announcement of pCARS 2, with a feature that should be improved on in the current game being moved to the new game.

Calling your bluff on that one....can you provide a link to that statement from a dev.

It's a quote from you
"To answer the OP though. Maybe we will get some small bug fixes and a free car and a couple of pay DLC cars and tracks. Time will tell. But most of the promised stuff will come in Pcars 2.

Notice I said maybe? Hardly a real prediction. But I was right though wasn't I?

Looks like Shift 2U with much better graphics to me.
Even the file structure is identical.
Inside crypted files they left also all the tuning (visual) part stuff.
Code and engine are exactly the same. Nothing was writtten from scratch. Just some modification here and there, and a good work on tuning setups. That's all, pCARS.
CatsAreTheWorstDogs i bought it from steam and i like it.

Last edited:
Code and engine are exactly the same. Nothing was writtten from scratch. Just some modification here and there, and a good work on tuning setups.

Even with a disassembler, you cannot see "the code". It's not written in a bytecode based language (like Java) where you can understand the compiled endstate without seeing the original code.

If you are going to make stuff up, at least have some technical background that makes your dribble somewhat plausible.

for "code" i meant programming language.
it's the same, you cannot say otherways.
open your eyes and take a deeper look in the file system of pCARS.
how do you explain some xml files with things that are not in pCARS but were in S2U?
how do you explain lot of files inside and outside BFFs that were left there, exactly same files of S2U, in size, date, hash?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.