PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

Guys can we keep the conversation to a more adult level.
I came here to discuss because I felt can post honest opinion without getting bashed.
Would like to see the same treatment for those conveying our feedback.

Is there any news on a multiplayer client.? one like rfactor or gtr evo race 07 has?

this is something that was promised in beta, now almost 3 months after release and no proper dedicated server. I don't want to use some mish mash player made API that i download from joe blows web site. Some even been reported to have Trojan..screw that. I want a nice clean client either direct from SMS web site or from steam please. This should have been ready to use on release and at top of list rather then more cars and tracks.

asking for this is like asking for my plates cleared in a restaurant really... should be a given.

normal things to have in such a client -

• I want to have a AI car picker to choose what cars /classes in my race
  • track rotation so that the server can work on a loop
  • session length /race length all same stuff you can choose offline\
  • auto save results to file after each race.
  • and im sure this is a huge reach but allow fixed set ups to load with each track in rotation
3 of those four things in games that are ten years old...or older.
i don't find this to much to ask for and imo should have came with a game that was supposed to have so much.

Having the above is not a complaint... it is a tool that would promote growth to the sales by giving leagues the proper tools they need to exist and grow. Or just allow few friends to enjoy a multiplayer series in a custom way of choice.

Last edited:
for "code" i meant programming language.
it's the same, you cannot say otherways.
open your eyes and take a deeper look in the file system of pCARS.
how do you explain some xml files with things that are not in pCARS but were in S2U?
how do you explain lot of files inside and outside BFFs that were left there, exactly same files of S2U, in size, date, hash?

Kinda like how DCS A-10C has the same underpinnings as the original Lock On? Even though LOMAC was a 'lighter' sim and the DCS was a very deep sim of an A -10?

I fail to see how the heritage of a game has any relation to the complexity of the current sim.

for "code" i meant programming language.
it's the same, you cannot say otherways.

Of course its the same programming language. 90% of games are written in C++ today. Why would they use a different language?

how do you explain lot of files inside and outside BFFs that were left there, exactly same files of S2U, in size, date, hash?

The entire engine wasn't re-written. SMS never said that. In fact, they don't even call it a new version of the engine itself. You misunderstood. The game/file structure is unchanged (they are looking to change some of the structure for pCARS2). However, the implementation of certain pieces were re-written (lighting, AI, tire model, suspension model, aero model, GUI, multiplayer, etc). All of the assets are new (and some of the cars have more polys in their suspension components alone than entire cars in S2U).

If you really believe nothing was changed between the two releases, then I have a bridge to sell you....

Having the above is not a complaint... it is a tool that would promote growth to the sales by giving leagues the proper tools they need to exist and grow. Or just allow few friends to enjoy a multiplayer series in a custom way of choice.

You might post your requests in the threads ONT provided (if they haven't already been requested). I would wager they have been requested, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no more "inside information" for pCARS1. WMD is done for pCARS1 and those members are just like everyone else (i.e. whatever is known is on the official public forum now).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back