PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

everyone has his own preference. the racing games i play are: GSCE, RRRE, AC, pCARS.

last month for example i mostly played RRRE. but this month i played pCARS most.
a while ago i played mostly GSCE. so it circles through the games pretty constant...

but somehow the least game i hit the start button is AC at the moment.

I have been actually been playing a lot of the Crew(Don't Laugh Andy or David!) since I really got into the story missions and the included structured activities. While it is an Arcade Racer(with excellent Controller support for an Arcade title) Ivory Towers(the developer)was able to suck me in diligently at least till I finished the story line. Other then that I most likely spread my time pretty evenly between the different sim titles.

I have been actually been playing a lot of the Crew(Don't Laugh Andy or David!) since I really got into the story missions and the included structured activities.

I think I will have a sneaky laugh Mr Clark. :laugh::roflmao::D All your credibility has now sunk below my radar. pretty close to where you store mine I should think Andrew) ;)

But I must admit to agreeing with Davids post above. Physics and FFB are the primaries of a race sim with graphics, sound and details a close second. Story telling/career modes are for arcade/simcade games. Just my subjective opinion though. :cool:

Physics and FFB distinguish a sim from other sims and from simcade games, also, storylines and career modes are meaningless to sim racers.

Well If I play The Crew or other Arcade titles in addition to the sim titles I play I am no less a Sim Racer and if I enjoy a story line story line structure it just means I am as much a video gamer as the rest of us(Bubble Buster Yes Sims are Video Games):)

justr some thoughts.a simulation game is not just to have hot lap.of course we need the hotlap for practice but....the truthe is that all this must have a purpose.to be as good as we can in a race.its all about the feeling that you participate in a race.you have to attack and you have to defend,you must setup your car for the race no matter if its wet or dry.so my opinion is that. a sim title in 2014 must have all this staff.i dont care to be full sim as you say.anyway i dont know untill now any full sim title.all the games have something good and somethin bad.maybe asseto have better fysichs than pc or tire model but is that really enough to give as the feeiling of a race when it has many other problems like multiplayer and collisions?when i race i want to have it all.its not only the ffb or the tire model.of course its very importnant to be in a good level as i think all the games have it now.some better from others but all they have a good base.So ITS ALL ABOUT THE FEELING

Not sure why a sim racer wants career/storyline in a proper sim, especially as it can be quite time consuming just to hotlap, let alone any mp or sp vs the ai.

I think it's more about having structured activities as guidance such as career mode or driving school with a range of fun but instructional challenges. Each side of the Racing Game genre could learn from the other as should be. I am pretty much about having Racing Games that appeal to anyone that likes driving games at each individuals level of experience and style.

I think it's more about having structured activities as guidance such as career mode or driving school with a range of fun but instructional challenges. Each side of the Racing Game genre could learn from the other as should be. I am pretty much about having Racing Games that appeal to anyone that likes driving games at each individuals level of experience and style.

I no longer require any guidance, nor "should" any experienced sim racer.

Nailed it.

All forms of interactive media need motivators, a progressive reason you're doing it in the first place. Imagine being in a flight sim of a fighter jet with no war zone?... Oh yeah, that was MS flight sim... rip.

And no, I do agree that a story is not welcome, but something progressive, licenses, championships, trophy rooms, team management, winning sponsors, working your way up from a chump car series, etc. are all welcome and desired features to add depth and motivation to push to get better... Anything else is a tech demo really.

I no longer require any guidance, nor "should" any experienced sim racer.

If that's your preference who am I to argue with that as I said your preferences are as important as anybody else's however we cannot expect games to be fully tailored around one preference or another as the developers will need to do what they need to for financial success and with development cost the way they are that means reaching as many people as possible. If the developers are okay with being niche and meeting their own financial expectations fine but what happens when or if they can no longer do this and decide to change direction toward a platform that may attract a larger crowd? Will you accept this or move to something else? Flight Simulation maybe? They pay mega bucks for content so do train simulators. Possibly you would be okay with all sim racing games having the same pricing structure for add-on content as iRacing does so they can afford to keep their niche audience.

I guess the point is I think it's needed that the fact game developers need to make money need be respected as well as the amount users are willing to pay for the software? This may create a situation where something has got to give. Either increasing your user base or charging your existing user base more money?

Last edited:
guess the point is I think it's needed that the fact game developers need to make money need be respected as well as the amount users are willing to pay for the software? This may create a situation where something has got to give. Either increasing your user base or charging your existing user base more money?

Then stop with its a sim nonsense. ....also, I've repeatedly said im happy to pay more and that small sim teams should join forces to build bigger more enticing games.

@Mid-pack Jack, can I ask you something? Is there any meaningful penalty system on this game? I'm not talking about false starts and cutting corners, but actual contact with another player. I know it would be very difficult in that different series' have different rules and expectations (NASCAR vs. F1 for instance), but to me, a racing game just can't be complete unless you have an immediate steward for fairly obvious shunts. Often the F1 crowd complains about the "fairness" of the penalty, but at the end of the day, we are all subjected to the same rules and, I think, driver more carefully because of it. One of the first things I noticed when I started gaming instead of racing was how much more people disassociated pain and injury from their reckless actions on track. To be expected of course, but not encouraged, IMO. Thanks.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back