PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Andy what is your problem? I was reading your bullshit posts for a very long time now with keeping my mouth shut. But please. Can't you just get the f* out of this forums and stop telling over and over that you don't like pCars? Really, no one cares.

What a poor life to use your time to troll and flame about a game/sim nonstop.
You are being sensitive. This post has escalated things more so than andys one line post about ffb. This is why wmd members get a bad rap. Learn to post in a civil manner. Trying to flex your muscle doesnt work. Really, no one cares. Like ive said a hundred times, this isnt wmd, so people can post whatever they want, good or bad. While im enjoying pcars quite a bit i agree that the default ffb will make the average tester give up, regardless of the reasons for it being that way. Stop trying to censor non positive feedback :)

The devs rarely post there FFB settings these days, I've only seen settings for the FWD focus posted recently.

For all other cars I've not seen any car specific FFB settings posted by them.

Maybe they test the physics without FFB.

Having said that I've tried all manner of FFB settings none produce a good result, there is a lack of feel of the rear of the car, weight shift and a nasty Shift like centre FFB deadzone. All the tweakers do is find artificial ways to cover these issues up and often bring other problems.

I personally think the issue is physics related.

Cameras sometime do give an wrong impression of what a car is doing, i would point more in that direction. The FFB like mentioned by ONT currently doesnt make much sense to work on when theres new additions in terms of model added every day. Theres also alot of other things missing that will influence the car behaviour that require first the tires to be done so the info they transmit to every other component is received and translated properly.
In its due time we will get there for sure :)

Camera plays a BIG role for sure.

I like the cockpit camera and locked to car (world move 100) for banked ovals.

Someone liked this setting for road:

"Switched to helmet cam with the helmet set to off, world movement to 15, look to apex 20, head cam 20, g force 25. FOV set to 80 in game.
It feels a whole let better, so much so that I've just set my fastest times in the Lotus 49 and the Lotus 86 at Florence short! I can now actually feel the car when it's just at the limit."

You shouldn't need to rely on camera effects, it means the FFB isn't doing its job and you aren't feeling the car but driving by visual feedback.

What you describe above doesn't improve the FFB in any real way and somewhat proves the FFB is lacking, hopefully they can improve on it with more time.

I don't think anyone is trying to say CAMERA is a substitute for anything.

It's an important PART of the feel, so is SOUND, FFB etc

Another insight into the optimization question:
"It's not a question of who is right, it's how we do things, and really I cannot see us going down the path of optimizing the hell out of everything when we first implement it, because that is always wasted time.
The way these things happen is that we write something, then we change it, then we change it some more, then somebody decides we don't want it at all, so it gets taken out of the game, then six months later they want it back in, only different, and by the time we come to the end of the project there is barely any relationship between what we wrote at first and what we end up with.

At a later point in development, I would expect that the performance of the car shaders when rain drop support is enabled but not needed because of the weather will be reviewed, and if there is a significant performance difference, then we might well do those changes. But right now, it's not the logical thing to do."

;)

This post has escalated things more so than andys one line post about ffb. This is why wmd members get a bad rap. Learn to post in a civil manner. Trying to flex your muscle doesnt work. Really, no one cares. Like ive said a hundred times, this isnt wmd, so people can post whatever they want, good or bad. Stop trying to censor non positive feedback :)

Nathan, that's right. Why do they do it? I wan't to be civil but they try to censor everything and insult whilst they do it. They create a bad image for WMD and it's investors.

But I digress. Some good posts here regarding FFB, Physics and their failings. As I am not an investor in Pcars I will continue to tell it like it is for me. I do look forward to the finished game though. :thumbsup:

Please do not use the usual labeling of making one actions as the overall community, you surely havnt seen me saying anything related to your last comments in this thread or even saying that your actions or speech is the overall way of thinking of RD.
Sure Simon didnt react the best way to your comments, but with your history of posts he probably just assumed it was the same crap all over again :)

Lets just get back to the normal discussions about the latest build,shall we ?After all thats what this topic is all about :)

Sure Simon didnt react the best way to your comments, but with your history of posts he probably just assumed it was the same crap all over again :)

There you go again Bruno. Any opportunity eh? What a sad bloke you are. What about your history eh? Try and be civil and only add to the thread with something useful and not try to create arguments. Like I stated earlier, be civil or go away.:rolleyes:

Only to excuse the lack of weight transfer.
ASFAIK, the camera excuse is the default explanation at WMD, as such, I have extreme doubts this will be a proper sim.

David, I completely agree with your assessment at this present time. But I hope it gets better. After all, in case you didn't know, it is only Pre Alpha. :rolleyes::)

There you go again Bruno. Any opportunity eh? What a sad bloke you are. What about your history eh? Try and be civil and only add to the thread with something useful and not try to create arguments. Like I stated earlier, be civil or go away.:rolleyes:

You should be civilized first before asking others to do so Andy otherwise its a pointless statement like most of your posts. You created a thread to speak/discuss about lastest build testing but you spend your time doing offtopic instead.

Common, lets get back to the discussion of the latest build, what do you think about the recent changes?

In what way am I being un-civilized? Bruno, the only people to take it off topic are you and your fellow WMD investors. Now like I said, be civil and discuss the latest build like I do and others do. You can even complain about certain aspects of it if you like. But stop making it personal, everyone is getting fed up of that aspect. There's a nice fellow.

ps, actually Bruno I think the mods here as well as me, are getting fed up of you jumping on my threads or any other threads to put people down for having any negativity towards Pcars. Just stop it.

Ive been trying the past posts to get on topic i just see you doing the same old thing.

Ill try once more, lets get back on topic and discuss the latest changes that happened last friday :)

Good, I'll accept your apology for the personal insult and we can carry on with the threads purpose. Can you tell me what changed for the good? As I can't feel or see anything at this present time.

:thumbsup:

Sorry Andy, give me just a few minutes and ill give you some attention. Im currently watching the PS4 announcement. But you can start the discussion about the build without me i believe go ahead.

Thanks awefully old chap. Very kind of you.

My latest opinion, this game is still very very Shift 2 like. Very much so but in my opinion, Shift 2 seems to look better in my opinion. As for physics, Well Shift 1 and 2 with the community mods are better still. Hopefully this will change when the game becomes Beta. But for anyone trying this build and many before, they would be forgiven for thinking it is Shift 3.. Raceroom Racing Experience is infinetly better both in presentation, and sounds not to mention physics.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.