PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Projects like this don't suit everybody, there is lots of unfinished things and many features not even implemented, where it ends up I don't know? unless anyone has a genuine crystal ball lying around?

As far as community involvement goes, members are more like bug testers, we can go further and suggest things that would improve the game but they either aren't going to happen or haven't been worked on yet or cannot be done. The more the project goes on the more I feel SMS know exactly what product they want to release and what will be in it, and the community have to go along with it most of the time.

Do you need some help setting up the proper values of your soundcard in order so you can hear things properly? We are here to help if you need to, since clearly from all the videos around the web of those cars ingame they do not sound the same, it must be some settings on your hardware.

Say something if you need further help :)

Yeah, some of the latest cars, which I have to point out are unfinished, do have similar, or maybe, yeah, same sound.

But we all know that these are unfinished cars and it's a game being developed continually...

On the other hand, most cars have great engine sounds, maybe not the best, yeah, but great.

Sooo, my point is mate, you cannot criticize like that and come to a conclusion on a game with is still being developed :)

If you read the forums, there are continuous discussions on suggestions and planned development so you can have an idea what's going on. Yeah, me too at this stage not 100% happy, but I can see their effort to deliver what the community desires so I am still hopeful and trying to help develop this game as much as I can....instead of whinging and giving up what could be another amazing game. ;)

I hope they do deliver because right now, it's pretty if you have a fast CPU and top of the range GPU, but the physics and general gameplay are not even on par with simbins early titles. In fact, in my opinion right now, given the it's current state, it's not as good as Shift 1 in any form. That is my opinion on the current state of play.

....I ..., it's not as good as Shift 1 in any form. That is my opinion on the current state of play.
Why do you compare it to SHIFT1¿ i hope it never gets close to SHIFT1 because it was never good from a Sim point of view. If you think it isnt on par with Simbins Race stuff try the current Formula B tyre test (parameters -A, -B, -C) ot the Ariel Atom and rethink your comment. I agree, that the FFB isnt up with the sensation out of the box. So its up to the user to adjust the Tweak files (most are ready for download in the forums, for the different wheels). I believe most people have bad FFB and mix this with complaining about physics

.... Because this thing is in development. You haven't bought a game. You bought in to contributed and give feedback. Right now physics and tyres are changing nearly every build. FFB hast to be adjusted for every change.

Even with the FFB tweakers the FFB is still not good and they don't change the fundamental issues. However little work has been done on it so far and we'll probably have to wait until the tyre model is sorted until it gets priority.

I love the feedback you get when your tire hops under braking. I also like how the z4 feels like a rear wheel drive and the focus pushes like a front wheel drive. When driving on a flat straight tho, you get nothing. Thats one thing I enjoy with rf2, the ability to feel the car on every part of the track.

New tires on CAPER 1990 OVAL car is in 402 build.

With FFB at 100 and tire force at 50 in control settings for no clipping.

The Caper oval feels pretty good on pCARS version of Charlotte , Concorde.

You have to use light brake to set up car for turns, and You need throttle control on exit like in RL.

The car tend to be loose on exit in turn 4 like in RL.

pCARS don't have asymmetric setup option at this point , and messing with car setup disables the default oval setup.

The CAPER road version is currently set up for Super Speedway by default, if You change car settings and save, You get a symmetric setup for road.

The road CAPER feels very loose at SS, and same after braking the SS setup for road course.

There is very few oval racers in pCARS forum and MP, if You like OVAL racing, testing and

input would help the project.

:)

I love the feedback you get when your tire hops under braking. I also like how the z4 feels like a rear wheel drive and the focus pushes like a front wheel drive. When driving on a flat straight tho, you get nothing. Thats one thing I enjoy with rf2, the ability to feel the car on every part of the track.

If I'm correct very few tracks has micro features added, pCARS version of Watkins Glen aka
Connecticut Hill and Suzuka aka Sakitto has some.

I actually did some test yesterday and cranked up the Tire FFB multiplier (F1>Vehicles>FFB>) to crazy levels and in a straight line, whenever i shifted gears i was able to feel it in the wheel but the overall wheel became too heavy for the car i was using (Atom V8)

.... Because this thing is in development. You haven't bought a game. You bought in to contributed and give feedback.

I know it's in development and I know I haven't purchased a game. And I didn't buy in to contribute and give feedback. Personal testing only for me. I would love to give feedback on the WMD forum but anything negative is seen as non constructive in my opinion.

I am testing it as and when I feel like and if I don't like something, I'll report it here. If I do like something, I will also report it here.

I do like the Lotus78, Lotus 98 and the Capers. Just love them and enjoy doing multiplayer with them. I like the feel of them, the style and the presentation. The AI so far stinks but I do have high hopes for it. Still the sound is hopeless and not on par with Race 07, GTR2 or Raceroom in my opinion. I for one am looking forward to purchasing the finished game though if it turns out good. :)

The road CAPER is a no go in 402 build IMHO, so this looks promising for Friday.

Casey Ringley

Physics updates for Friday's build (what number are we up to now, 409?)

"Caper Monterey (road): Proper road course setup added. No more super speedway default hack.

Caper Monterey (oval): Now using slick_darkblue. Only makes sense to have separate tires for oval and road racing...and probably even multiple oval tires in the long run.

RBA-G: Added longitudinal carcass flex mode. Don't want to call it a magic bullet, but this completely turned around how the Caper Monterey drives, and in a very good way.

slick_blue: Adjusted slip angle falloff. Now used only for Caper road course car.

slick_darkblue: New oval tread for the Caper.
Adding long flex to the carcass made it so much more stable that the grip level on slick_blue was producing some unrealistically fast lap times.
This brings the grip level back down, while still having the better stability of the new carcass."

Andy what is your problem? I was reading your bullshit posts for a very long time now with keeping my mouth shut. But please. Can't you just get the f* out of this forums and stop telling over and over that you don't like pCars? Really, no one cares.

What a poor life to use your time to troll and flame about a game/sim nonstop.

Andy what is your problem? I was reading your bullshit posts for a very long time now with keeping my mouth shut. But please. Can't you just get the f* out of this forums and stop telling over and over that you don't like pCars? Really, no one cares.

What a poor life to use your time to troll and flame about a game/sim nonstop.

Go away kid. I asked a normal question. Now be civil or just go away. We have had enough of personal insults from some quarters on here. :rolleyes: :poop:

ps, stop telling me I don't like Pcars. I do like it. It's not there yet, that's all. One day but not yet.

Andy I really don't think pCARS is for You in the current state.

It's clear You'r looking for a done sim, not a building project.

It's not an insult to recommend You try pCARS when it's on the market and has a few patches under the belt.

And to the state of FFB in pCARS, almost every build has new tires on cars new carcass model etc, to optimize FFB for every car for every build would be a massive undertaking.

iRacing normally work on 1-2 cars at a time, then it makes sens, not 20-30 like pCARS.

Same thing with FPS optimizing, I see complains in pCARS forum from low end GFX card users.

It makes no sens to optimize FPS for every track for every build, with new assets added in almost every build.

Here's a glimpse of development issues on that front: "Just a quick note on the performance side of things - I have noticed that the weather system shader support is enabled even in clear weather! For vehicles this is hugely expensive since all fancy rain stuff still happens but gets blended away to zero!! This is particular bad on large grids (think 10-15% hit) - so there is definitely scope for improvement here."

;)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages