Laguna and Cars - More Assetto Corsa DLC Previews Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 3.jpg

Check out these incredible new Bonus Pack 3 preview images and video ahead of the big launch tomorrow..

Thanks to the generosity of the guys behind at Kunos Simulazioni, players of Assetto Corsa will tomorrow be getting their hands on seven new high performance road cars and a laser scanned version of the incredible Laguna Seca Raceway as free additional content, and to help celebrate the build up to this momentous occasion Kunos have just swamped the internet with a bunch of awesome looking new preview images!

Scheduled to hit the PC version of Assetto Corsa tomorrow and with console players expected to receive the content early 2018, the new cars and circuit look simply resplendent in these latest preview images, really showcasing the very best of what Assetto Corsa is able to produce graphically.

Alongside what are very strong looking visuals are seven hugely different and equally entertaining cars to drive, each featuring their own unique little nuances that make getting under the skin of the Bonus Pack 3 content a driving pleasure. From golden oldies like the Alfa 33 to a high tech concept car from Maserati, fans of performance road going machines really have a little of something to enjoy in this upcoming new pack..

Fancy taking a much closer look at the upcoming bonus pack DLC with physics developer Aristotelis Vasilakos? No worries, we have you covered!

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 5.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca.jpg

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Lamborghini Huràcan Performante 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Maserati Quattroporte GTS 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the bonus pack? Which car most strikes your fancy? Enjoy the stream? Tell us you favourite and discuss away in the comments section below!

Last edited:
As you seem to be reluctant to believe the release notes or the numerous relevant topic(s) on the support forum where it was marked fixed, yes it did. :)
I thought he asked a reasonable question. Why get up in his face about it? Release notes and what actually is the case in reality are 2 different things. But, typical response from Kunos Protector At All Costs Department.

I thought he asked a reasonable question. Why get up in his face about it? Release notes and what actually is the case in reality are 2 different things. But, typical response from Kunos Protector At All Costs Department.

I was just teasing, relax a bit, he already opened a thread about it in the support forum where we responded during the beta phase and it was marked fixed (there had been other threads about it previously on the same page as well, also marked fixed), the fix itself is mentioned in the release notes, I think the clues point in the same direction.

I was just teasing, relax a bit, he previously opened a thread about it in the support forum where we responded during the beta phase and it was marked fixed (there had been other threads about it previously in the same page as well, also marked fixed), the fix itself is mentioned in the release notes, I think the clues point in the same direction.
It's all good. But, is it actually fixed? Can you verify? Regardless of what the release notes state. I know I'll get another X Disagree on this from someone :)

As you seem to be reluctant to believe the release notes or the numerous relevant topic(s) on the support forum where it was marked fixed, yes it did. :)
well, the note says "potential workaround" that's hardly confident "yes we fixed it"
but glad to hear it's fixed

and support forums .. well since the modding section was heavily closed/modified, I have very little reason to go to those forums, becasue of all the fan boys that bombard you if you dare to raise anything agaist AC
everynow and then I go there and post something in the modding section, or ask for support when something isn't working right, but most of the treads there are on my avoid list

Last edited:
It's all good. But, is it actually fixed? Can you verify? Regardless of what the release notes state. I know I'll get another X Disagree on this from someone :)
can anyone confirm/deny that new update fixed the window10 creator update issue , where UI would freeze after running game or showroom, forcing you to kill AC through task manager ?
I have checked it, it works

and support forums .. well since the modding section was heavily closed/modified, I have very little reason to go to those forums, becasue of all the fan boys that bombard you if you dare to raise anything agaist AC
everynow and then I go there and post something in the modding section, or ask for support when something isn't working right, but most of the treads there are on my avoid list

Nor the modding section (whether closed or not) or the chit chat lounge (infected by afore-alleged shills) have anything to do with reporting a problem in the support section, receiving an answer and then a fix, which is what happened in your case. I'm sorry but you make it sound like you have to be a plumber who has to tackle a horde of wild boars to win a princess or something. Both the bug reports and modding forums receive active support, whether you like to visit there or not.

Laguna Seca is lovely as expected, but the laser-scanning is a bit of a joke. There's no real difference to the Laguna Seca mod that was in progress here on RD, no surprises at all.

Be interested in opinions on this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's pointless, but the actual difference to a lidar-modded track I cannot see at all.

Even though there's no "real" difference, which is your opinion, why is laser scanning suddently a joke just because a mod got a pretty close layout?
Scan is done on-track, to get the most detail available, where the mod can use airial LIDAR at most. I wouldn't be surprised if the data is very accurate on Google Earth too, but it's not on-track accurate.
The mod is good layout wise, but really not well optimized and neither physics, textures and terrain is Kunos quality.

Nor the modding section (whether closed or not) or the chit chat lounge (infected by afore-alleged shills) have anything to do with reporting a problem in the support section, receiving an answer and then a fix, which is what happened in your case. I'm sorry but you make it sound like you have to be a plumber who has to tackle a horde of wild boars to win a princess or something. Both the bug reports and modding forums receive active support, whether you like to visit there or not.
if someone flags the thread fixed or as designed, it doesn't send any email so nobody will know that you guys responded, the only response I got was today , after your already 'schooled' me here

I'm not doing anything, I simply asked a question, to which I eventually got an answer, not sure why do you have to keep digging into this and making accuastions where I'm on a quest with higher purpose

sad to see

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea