Laguna and Cars - More Assetto Corsa DLC Previews Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 3.jpg

Check out these incredible new Bonus Pack 3 preview images and video ahead of the big launch tomorrow..

Thanks to the generosity of the guys behind at Kunos Simulazioni, players of Assetto Corsa will tomorrow be getting their hands on seven new high performance road cars and a laser scanned version of the incredible Laguna Seca Raceway as free additional content, and to help celebrate the build up to this momentous occasion Kunos have just swamped the internet with a bunch of awesome looking new preview images!

Scheduled to hit the PC version of Assetto Corsa tomorrow and with console players expected to receive the content early 2018, the new cars and circuit look simply resplendent in these latest preview images, really showcasing the very best of what Assetto Corsa is able to produce graphically.

Alongside what are very strong looking visuals are seven hugely different and equally entertaining cars to drive, each featuring their own unique little nuances that make getting under the skin of the Bonus Pack 3 content a driving pleasure. From golden oldies like the Alfa 33 to a high tech concept car from Maserati, fans of performance road going machines really have a little of something to enjoy in this upcoming new pack..

Fancy taking a much closer look at the upcoming bonus pack DLC with physics developer Aristotelis Vasilakos? No worries, we have you covered!

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 5.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Laguna Seca.jpg

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Lamborghini Huràcan Performante 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Maserati Quattroporte GTS 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the bonus pack? Which car most strikes your fancy? Enjoy the stream? Tell us you favourite and discuss away in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That is due to the track drawing objects in distance unfortunately.

Do to its massive elevation changes you will notice coming out of corkscrew you will see the rest of the track in distance which obviously kills frames.

I don't think there is much that can be done from their side the textures seem standard KS as usual.
That might be the case, but funny thing is I get FPS impact on the main straight, instead of corkscrew.

I missed that bit? Where?
Assetto Corsa 2 next year then, could explain the free cars and track.

I should clarify.

We are accustomed for every DLC to have under the hood changes to AC. Whether its physics or game features.

If you read between the lines you could assume that this might be the final DLC for AC or it might be that they have completed AC development and in future we could get more DLC's and thats it. (I am making assumption.)

Maybe Marco will paint the future of AC in the year end blog.

Laguna Seca is lovely as expected, but the laser-scanning is a bit of a joke. There's no real difference to the Laguna Seca mod that was in progress here on RD, no surprises at all.

Be interested in opinions on this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's pointless, but the actual difference to a lidar-modded track I cannot see at all.
But can you feel it?

So no new developments then on the coding side, which I guess does point to or confirm that development has stopped on AC at least from a game design point of view. Not that I think that’s a bad thing per se, I am just looking forward to what comes next. Will there still be an xmas / new year announcement like previous years?
My guess is they are full on coding for development of AC2. Content can be handled by 3D artists and a physics wizzard.

Good fun track and cars so far and here is my little video comparison of the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento at Laguna Seca in Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2. Both games are a lot of fun and feel good but they are also quite markedly different in how they make the same car feel. For now, I've uploaded both videos and I'll probably do a side by side when I get a chance.

It's noticeable that the cars are subtly different versions of the Elemento, after a bit of googling (others may well know more) the PCARS2 versions looks to be from 2011 with several other switches on the centre console. The AC version has the split centre console from later cars, maybe.

I made the cars as even as possible, running on Hypercar Trofeos and with just 5L of fuel as per the PCARS2 time trial mode with fuel consumption off.

Each game has its upsides:

The AC Elemento is much much easier to drive, I was over 2 seconds a lap faster after just 3 laps in AC with a 1:28.7 and that was with the mistake at the first corner in the video. There was plenty more time to come. The AC car is much easier to turn in and more forgiving on the throttle too. The AC version feels more like a track special than a modified road car. Laguna Seca feels a touch wider in Assetto too, oddly though there isn't as much track surface feedback as I had expected. Both car and track are good fun to drive that is for sure.

The PCARS2 advantage, for me, is the better feel of weight transfer in on corner entry and far more road feedback. There is a lot more push on understeer in the PC2 version of the Elemento and it is more difficult to get the car to turn in, it does feel quite the crazy overpowered road car stripped for the track. It took me a good few laps to get to a time of 1:31.1. PCARS2 Rift VR is all round sharper and has more track detail (it's a much newer game so no real surprise there) and there is more of a feeling of depth and elevation change, the PCARS2 corkscrew is a proper stomach turner for those new to VR.

For me, on this car and track it's a draw, both games are superb and fun which is the most important thing for me. I have no idea which game is more 'realistic' but that weight transfer in PCARS2 really does feel authentic for this type of big supercar to me.

Well, feels like a GTA5 conversion if you ask me, bumpy like driving a staircase.
On a serious note, best additional content in a long time, feels great.
One thing thou, my fps is not that high on LS, does anyone have the same issue?

is it me or does the road feels way to smooth at laguna no bumps and when in special events no penalty for cutting track??
I had this no penalty too, I double checked if I had penalties on, but they were turned on. I took a look at the surfaces.ini and I think too many surfaces are "valid track". Not an expert though
@kunos

Laguna Seca is lovely as expected, but the laser-scanning is a bit of a joke. There's no real difference to the Laguna Seca mod that was in progress here on RD, no surprises at all.

Be interested in opinions on this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's pointless, but the actual difference to a lidar-modded track I cannot see at all.

There's one giant and important difference, only one of those versions will be able to be raced online by everyone who owns the game. ;)

After i was driving likely the most fun DLC ever yesterday, with some unique car-handling i never had before, i tried this pack today and it's about the opposite. Car physics and sounds are all copy & paste with some little differences you would get anyway with the setup-options like in PC2. The Sesto Elemento has at least a bit lower weight to the usual Supercar-handling and the Stradale 33 based on guess-physics is kind of unique boring for this even far lower weight, but the thing is: no immersion for me. I feel more in a car in any other sim.

Laguna Seca likely far more accurate than in PC2, but this low contrasts turning me off. It's like with the sounds and doesn't feel even close to realistic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.