Phoenix77

Premium
To keep the track support thread cleaner... I thought I'd open a thread for everyone using the latest version (0.55) of LA Canyons to organise Angeles Forest car meets, cruises, racing on the servers... etc
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-55-18.jpg

Anyone hosting a server, let others know about it here (with any necessary mods)...
And hopefully more people will find your servers and join in for some fun online.
As this was always my plan when creating my tracks.
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-57-57.jpg

If this thread is in the wrong place, apologies...
could an Admin please move where it should be, thanks :)
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_14-7-118-1-46-45.jpg

Last edited:
More layouts with more AI lines isn't really an option mate... at 56mb per 42km AI line... they will increase the download size even further... as it is... 230mb's of the download is AI lines and Ideal_lines.. (used for AI fuel calculations)

When the High Res FFB meshes are done... those AI lines are going to at least double in size..

Are +300MB really a problem in this day and age?

Are +300MB really a problem in this day and age?
Not really mate... but with the download size limit being 500mb's on here... and generally trying to keep the overall project size from going too crazy...
It's currently half the size of Kunos' Nordschleife... which seeing as just the main loop is almost twice as long... Isn't actually so bad.
But I'm just trying to keep things a little under control... Says the man that chose to replicate 900km² of the San Gabriel mountain range! And 150km's of roads :D

I couldn't get a race server populated so I changed to LAC freeroam. I'm on there now if anyone wants to come for a cruise just search GRC in AC. I have reduced grip to 94% for public (dusty) roads and there are a selection of road cars old and new. I'm using blacknight weather mod for night time so if you don't download and install that mod before joining you will have low sun angle instead. Come and join me for a night cruise!

...Any mods you don't have will be found here on RD, just use the RD search box to find them quickly.

I couldn't get a race server populated so I changed to LAC freeroam. I'm on there now if anyone wants to come for a cruise just search GRC in AC. I have reduced grip to 94% for public (dusty) roads and there are a selection of road cars old and new. I'm using blacknight weather mod for night time so if you don't download and install that mod before joining you will have low sun angle instead. Come and join me for a night cruise!

...Any mods you don't have will be found here on RD, just use the RD search box to find them quickly.
Would have joined you for a cruise mate... But just sorting out a v0.55 update.
Smaller track maps (no lag issues), minor tweaks... and a few other things... including an additional Freeroam layout. :)

v0.55 will be coming later today... Will be including a pit location text document & map in each freeroam folder (For servers to decide where to place cars).
Here's a guide map of the area :)
pit_box_map.jpg

Also it will feature 2 new layouts...
new_layouts.jpg

Freeroam Distant - 60 pit boxes spread all over the map
Pursuit - 32 Pit boxes at the usual start location... 18 pits by the tunnel...
A number of minor fixes... Including lower resolution track maps to sort out the 4 second lag issue.

I just went online to see if I could have a drive with fellow sim driver, I found 8, yes 8 server!, all more or less with the same cars. Seams to me it would better to have less, like one or 2, but with more driver attending.
What is the point on having many server, mostly empty, with the same (great) track and similar cars, a little sad, really.:(

Different server owners. I see your point but if you own a server you can choose what you want (I'd rather drive the old Ford Pick-up around LAC than the modern supercars) plus some people, myself included, only race on their own server or with their community so aren't searching for other servers running the same content. If there is another populated server running night LAC with a good mix of road cars I would probably join it, only way I will know about it is through a thread like this though, I don't search through the server list. In 4 or so years (or however long AC MP has been out) I have found something worth joining less than ten times in that list :O

LAC.PNG

As requested by Phoenix himself, also posting this in this thread! :D
Quoting my post on the support thread:
"Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago I had the idea to bundle all my LAC laptimes into an Excel chart (yes, the font is horrible), upload them to the thread and see how it is received.
I am by no means a fast driver, so these laps could be seen as "slow" by the true aliens and fastbois in this community.
This aside, it has been a blast to throw all these cars around LAC and rack up thousands and thousands of kilometers. After countless runs I can safely say that this is one of the most enjoyable tracks I've ever driven in any game, what a gem!

If this is well-received, I might update the chart every week/two weeks."

Or as Phoenix suggested, maybe open my own LAC laptimes thread, but I don't see that happening unless a lot of people like this idea.
Feel free to always suggest me fun cars to take round!

I just went online to see if I could have a drive with fellow sim driver, I found 8, yes 8 server!, all more or less with the same cars. Seams to me it would better to have less, like one or 2, but with more driver attending.
What is the point on having many server, mostly empty, with the same (great) track and similar cars, a little sad, really.:(
I see what you're saying mate... But on a few occasions the servers get busy... Think the other night there were 15 - 20 cars in one server... talk about traffic everywhere.. coming out of side roads... oncoming traffic... was great fun!

So maybe with more servers if one is full... or one of the cars you were looking to drive was taken... there is more choice in another server. Choice is always good :)
Maybe vary up which server you go in and say hi to whoever's running it.

I'm really flattered that people love the track enough to host a server...
In my opinion mate... there's nothing at all sad about it :)

You'll probably also find different drivers in each... Everyone I've driven with online has been awesome... Ok a few people fall off.. and occasionally there are a few accidents... including head ons... But it's all fun... and with @correca 's awesome zoomed out track map... spotting oncoming traffic is a lot easier... unless you get carried away with the speed and flow of the corners in a Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche.

Does one of the layout support traffic offline?
I don't think any of the servers are running the Freeroam Distant - which spreads everyone around the whole area... There are about 15 areas and I put the pit boxes around the main loop in a clockwise direction... So should result in some pretty random traffic, especially if anyone goes for the full 60 slots!

It'll put you somewhere almost random on the map, depending on which car you choose :D

No offline traffic as yet, for a number of reasons

Last edited:
We are usually on the Flat Out server but kind of very late for EU timezone.

Traffic depends on how many people are there and what they want to run.

To compare laptime you need to provide track settings. As always track like this loves high aero, slicks and decent power, not for cars built for slower tracks or regular twisty roads.

I haven't even timed myself yet on LAC, it's all about cruising and/or drifting with a buddy. Cars I rarely drive comes to life here, especially super and hypercars. Love the LAF around here. Of cause I'm running the tree-version which transforms the experience :)

We are usually on the Flat Out server but kind of very late for EU timezone.

Traffic depends on how many people are there and what they want to run.

To compare laptime you need to provide track settings. As always track like this loves high aero, slicks and decent power, not for cars built for slower tracks or regular twisty roads.
I'm not sure what track settings were used on my lap times... they were mostly if not all done on the Flat Out server... which @correca was nice enough to host a test server during development.
Probably Factory ABS and TC... Penalties on, no auto clutch, no stability etc.
Have no idea on the grip levels etc he was running.

I haven't even timed myself yet on LAC, it's all about cruising and/or drifting with a buddy. Cars I rarely drive comes to life here, especially super and hypercars. Love the LAF around here. Of cause I'm running the tree-version which transforms the experience :)
Nice one Tberg... yeah these roads do work extremely well for cruising / drifting with friends... But as I've found out on the servers a few times... racing online with some extremely fast drivers in an 'almost' race is pretty intense!

I've followed you around before mate, you'll have no trouble getting really fast times... A superb pace you can run! :)
The trees, and other details.... certainly do transform the experience.
The sense of speed now is through the roof!!!!

On a separate note... the mainloops roads and sideroads FFB meshes are now done.

On GRC server if anyone wants to come for a night cruise (just download and install blacknight mod and then search GRC in AC) I'd love to see the tuned Supra and RX7 on track road alongside the tuned NSX I'm driving.

The server is limited to street tyres where possible and is running 95% grip which I think seems reasonable for a public road.

guys yesterday was a 42 slots server with this map, for the first time i loved so much that experience playing with a friend in that mountains map i loved it, but today i came home and that server doesent exist, and i dont see any server with this track i can see one bue it needs dlcs, the 42 slots server didnt have dlc cars, i really loved it if someone could create one again,. it was with 20 people yesterday playing, i just cannot create because of my internet speed, hoe someone can hear me thanks guys

guys yesterday was a 42 slots server with this map, for the first time i loved so much that experience playing with a friend in that mountains map i loved it, but today i came home and that server doesent exist, and i dont see any server with this track i can see one bue it needs dlcs, the 42 slots server didnt have dlc cars, i really loved it if someone could create one again,. it was with 20 people yesterday playing, i just cannot create because of my internet speed, hoe someone can hear me thanks guys
Glad you're loving the canyons online... I think there was some maintenance by Kunos (possibly working on multiplayer for ACC) The servers mostly seem to be back on now currently 10+ servers, I think you see more servers using Content Manager :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.