Kunos Simulazioni Working on Assetto Corsa Console Issues - Massarutto Responds

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have acknowledged the recent console launch of Assetto Corsa has not been without its problems, and have confirmed the development team are hard at work building a patch for the game ,planned for release in the coming days.

With framerate and tearing problems on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Assetto Corsa rendering the game almost unplayable for some people, Kunos have acknowledged the issues via their various communication tools and promised players that a fix is in development and due to be deployed as soon as possible.

In order to further placate disappointed fans, Kunos Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to offer his thanks for the continual support of the majority of sim racing fans. As well as looking to fix some of the more glaring issues with the game, the recent Facebook posting from Massarutto suggests Kunos are not entirely closed to the idea of further developing the core Assetto Corsa experience to meet the expectations of console players more familiar with experienced offered up by console giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.

Read the full Facebook statement from Marco Massarutto below:

"Thank you for the awesome support and constructive critics you are giving us for the console version of Assetto Corsa. We are focusing on those areas where we can improve/fix/add features. We are experiencing for the first time with a different audience, with different "needs". It's not a matter of "how the game is realistic", but how it is balanced; it's a matter of which kind of options people ask for, to customize the experience better, wherever we are able to do it. So, we are identifying different areas, and we'll work on those. Thank you."
Assetto Corsa Launch Trailer - North America
Assetto Corsa is available for console today in North America and already released in Europe. Version 1.8 for PC players can be downloaded now from Steam.
Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for news on both console and PC versions of the game. Join in the discussion, download some of our quality mods and race with you fellow players. All here to enjoy at RaceDepartment.com.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari .jpg Assetto Corsa Praga R1.jpg

Do you have the console version of Assetto Corsa? What are your impressions so far? Have you experienced any issues? Do you own both PC and Console versions? What differences have you found? Let us know in the comments section below!

Do you have the console version of Assetto Corsa? What are your impressions so far? Have you experienced any issues? Do you own both PC and Console versions? What differences have you found? Let us know in the comments section below!

1. No, I cancelled my pre-order.

2. My impression is that they need to have a real "online" mode.

3. Other than being $50 richer so I can buy either NASCAR or save for wreckfest (!! :)), no.

4. No

269 posts so far screaming for private lobbies (which they could have done with P2P, but chose not to) and we have only this as a reply:
PRIVATE LOBBIES
We hear you! Our biggest priority with the console editions of Assetto Corsa was to release a stable game with great driving. Be rest assured, going forward, we are going to do our very best to take community feedback on board and build upon the foundations we’ve laid.

I dunno. Maybe money does not motivate them. Or maybe the lawyers got to them. No matter. Waiting game at this point.

1. No, I cancelled my pre-order.

2. My impression is that they need to have a real "online" mode.

3. Other than being $50 richer so I can buy either NASCAR or save for wreckfest (!! :)), no.

4. No

269 posts so far screaming for private lobbies (which they could have done with P2P, but chose not to) and we have only this as a reply:
PRIVATE LOBBIES
We hear you! Our biggest priority with the console editions of Assetto Corsa was to release a stable game with great driving. Be rest assured, going forward, we are going to do our very best to take community feedback on board and build upon the foundations we’ve laid.

I dunno. Maybe money does not motivate them. Or maybe the lawyers got to them. No matter. Waiting game at this point.
I believe new projects and guitars motivate Stefano :)

The question I'd like answered is why the game shipped like this in the first place.
Same reason the PC version was released without the R35 GTR... they thought people would want to play what was already there, and not wait until every feature for every player was done. If you can believe their PC stats, 80% or something of players don't even touch MP so besides a token complaint, they'll buy it without it.

Back before updates and patches, if you released a game in an incomplete state, you were known as the developer who released that game. Nowadays, it seems".

It seems the mentality is "release it now and fix it later", and it doesn't look like anyone ever learns, whether it be greedy publishers, lazy devs, and those who pre-order or don't read forum posts and/or reviews to see if the game shipped broken or not.

The question I'd like answered is why the game shipped like this in the first place.

Exactly. I don't want to take a *dark* road here, but my guess is that counsel has spoken with Kunos. You can't promise "Fully customizable single player and multiplayer mode" and then deliver a wet blanket that groups people into Soviet style hoppers for the convenience of the Politburo. (Sorry, carried away with history there).

Legal counsel surely knows when a promise that goes too far turns into a corporate liability. And good counsel is familiar with the U.C.C. See section 2-313 (1) (a)

Back before updates and patches, if you released a game in an incomplete state, you were known as the developer who released that game. Nowadays, it seems".

It seems the mentality is "release it now and fix it later", and it doesn't look like anyone ever learns, whether it be greedy publishers, lazy devs, and those who pre-order or don't read forum posts and/or reviews to see if the game shipped broken or not.

I'm not defending release of broken products, but you can't deny that it's easier than ever for games to be patched and updated now than it was even 5 years ago. ****, most triple-A games release with PC port issues - primarily due to the vast amount of differing configurations they have to deal with - and yet are fixed the very week they're release most of the time. It's just the nature of the industry at the moment because of how much easier it is to update and fix content now that people are basically required to have a decent internet connection. I think you'd have more of a point if this wasn't the case.

And no, it's not always as simple as blaming it on lazy devs or publisher pressure.

I'm not defending release of broken products, but you can't deny that it's easier than ever for games to be patched and updated now than it was even 5 years ago. ****, most triple-A games release with PC port issues - primarily due to the vast amount of differing configurations they have to deal with - and yet are fixed the very week they're release most of the time. It's just the nature of the industry at the moment because of how much easier it is to update and fix content now that people are basically required to have a decent internet connection. I think you'd have more of a point if this wasn't the case.

And no, it's not always as simple as blaming it on lazy devs or publisher pressure.

On the PC it is. But even the "owner" (who plays guitar) of Kunos said that patches are both more expensive and more bureaucratic in the console world. In the PC world, they can sneeze and release of virtually at no cost to them. That's why it is more important to give us a decent game on release. SMS, to their credit, busted their balls to release 10 patches in 10 months for a clearly flawed game. (Maybe you should revisit). I can only *hope* Kunos does the same.

On the PC it is. But even the "owner" (who plays guitar) of Kunos said that patches are both more expensive and more bureaucratic in the console world. In the PC world, they can sneeze and release of virtually at no cost to them. That's why it is more important to give us a decent game on release. SMS, to their credit, busted their balls to release 10 patches in 10 months for a clearly flawed game. (Maybe you should revisit). I can only *hope* Kunos does the same.

I'm well aware of the issues involved in pushing content or even minor patches to consoles, my point was more that comparing past game releases to the current industry isn't exactly apples to apples when consumers and their hardware, be it PC or console, are expected to have an internet connection to provide the necessary updates. It's not more important now to have a more reliable product on release because you're comparing it to a time when updates were basically non-existent.

If you can believe their PC stats, 80% or something of players don't even touch MP

I hate to say it, but the only reason I play AC is for the MultiPlayer, and the MODs, and the apps and skins I get to add in as a PC developer. I'm having a hard time imagining this game as being good without all those things (which is what you're stuck with on the console).

I predict this will be a very informative experience for Kunos. :)

Dave\Esotic

I'm well aware of the issues involved in pushing content or even minor patches to consoles, my point was more that comparing past game releases to the current industry isn't exactly apples to apples when consumers and their hardware, be it PC or console, are expected to have an internet connection to provide the necessary updates. It's not more important now to have a more reliable product on release because you're comparing it to a time when updates were basically non-existent.

Negative. I'm comparing it to Codemasters' F1 2016 which is reliable on P2P infrastructure and boasts stellar graphics too. If you want to argue that the "physics engine" is the head that swallows the practicality, then have at it. You will die on that cross.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back