Kunos Simulazioni Working on Assetto Corsa Console Issues - Massarutto Responds

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have acknowledged the recent console launch of Assetto Corsa has not been without its problems, and have confirmed the development team are hard at work building a patch for the game ,planned for release in the coming days.

With framerate and tearing problems on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Assetto Corsa rendering the game almost unplayable for some people, Kunos have acknowledged the issues via their various communication tools and promised players that a fix is in development and due to be deployed as soon as possible.

In order to further placate disappointed fans, Kunos Marco Massarutto has taken to Facebook to offer his thanks for the continual support of the majority of sim racing fans. As well as looking to fix some of the more glaring issues with the game, the recent Facebook posting from Massarutto suggests Kunos are not entirely closed to the idea of further developing the core Assetto Corsa experience to meet the expectations of console players more familiar with experienced offered up by console giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo.

Read the full Facebook statement from Marco Massarutto below:

"Thank you for the awesome support and constructive critics you are giving us for the console version of Assetto Corsa. We are focusing on those areas where we can improve/fix/add features. We are experiencing for the first time with a different audience, with different "needs". It's not a matter of "how the game is realistic", but how it is balanced; it's a matter of which kind of options people ask for, to customize the experience better, wherever we are able to do it. So, we are identifying different areas, and we'll work on those. Thank you."
Assetto Corsa Launch Trailer - North America
Assetto Corsa is available for console today in North America and already released in Europe. Version 1.8 for PC players can be downloaded now from Steam.
Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for news on both console and PC versions of the game. Join in the discussion, download some of our quality mods and race with you fellow players. All here to enjoy at RaceDepartment.com.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari .jpg Assetto Corsa Praga R1.jpg

Do you have the console version of Assetto Corsa? What are your impressions so far? Have you experienced any issues? Do you own both PC and Console versions? What differences have you found? Let us know in the comments section below!

I think the only mistake Kunos made is releasing it too soon on console because IMO console consumers/regular gamers are harsher than PC sim racers. Some of them are even oblivious of the product they've bought and the game, if you can call it that, pisses them off. Just see some of the regular gamer opinions on youtube and you'll know what I mean.
If anyone is not buying the game for the lack of a solid MP system, they're kind of missing the point. The driving experience of the game is above and beyond pretty much anything especially the more successful ones on consoles. I no longer even look at pCars. I'd rather test a car in AC to improve myself. Gamers will want to start and win races and if they spin, some of 'em will think lesser of the game instead of trying to improve. I'm a sim racer who started late but with over two years of dedication, LEARNING motorsports and driving, and practice, mostly in test days, I can now handle pretty much any kind of car at full speed. But I would not have bothered myself with it if I didn't have a fondness of performance vehicles and motorspots in general. Those who aim to play with gamepads needn't bother with AC. Just play NFS. I played the 10 hour demo and it was a blast until they shut down the servers after a few years which won't be a problem for AC. Yes, yes, I come from an arcade racing background and I can enjoy them all for what they are.
Its not the kind of game you play a little and move on to the next one which is why its worth buying even at its current state on consoles.Key here is the team is small but they keep improving the game overall and will continue to do so and that goes for consoles.
I could go on but...

I think the only mistake Kunos made is releasing it too soon on console because IMO console consumers/regular gamers are harsher than PC sim racers. Some of them are even oblivious of the product they've bought and the game, if you can call it that, pisses them off. Just see some of the regular gamer opinions on youtube and you'll know what I mean.
If anyone is not buying the game for the lack of a solid MP system, they're kind of missing the point. The driving experience of the game is above and beyond pretty much anything especially the more successful ones on consoles. I no longer even look at pCars. I'd rather test a car in AC to improve myself. Gamers will want to start and win races and if they spin, some of 'em will think lesser of the game instead of trying to improve. I'm a sim racer who started late but with over two years of dedication, LEARNING motorsports and driving, and practice, mostly in test days, I can now handle pretty much any kind of car at full speed. But I would not have bothered myself with it if I didn't have a fondness of performance vehicles and motorspots in general. Those who aim to play with gamepads needn't bother with AC. Just play NFS. I played the 10 hour demo and it was a blast until they shut down the servers after a few years which won't be a problem for AC. Yes, yes, I come from an arcade racing background and I can enjoy them all for what they are.
Its not the kind of game you play a little and move on to the next one which is why its worth buying even at its current state on consoles.Key here is the team is small but they keep improving the game overall and will continue to do so and that goes for consoles.
I could go on but...
Well said.

Im sure Kunos will update console and do what they can to make them happy, but in the end obviously a large portion of those players will be sad no matter what since they buy and think it's another GT/Forza. It's as expected and it's their fault for not informing themselves. If they however want to experience driving closer to reality then they have a title now. :)

I'd buy it if they offered an American Track Pack DLC. I really don't care so much about laser scanning because games have been able to provide a great experience without that for years. But as of now I'm glad I haven't wasted my Console gaming money on 12 locations and many cars I don't care to drive anyway. I won't waste money on Forza either.
As far as "broken" games it seems that is the trend now. "Get it out get it out" and then get it fixed is the Console Mantra now. They market the crap out of it to get the casual buyer to bite then let the masses beta test after buying. This has been just about every game the last few years. You would think knowing the specs on all consoles are the same and never changing they would at least know the limitations of how the games are played.

Last edited:
When I played with a pad on other racing games I always used the right stick as throttle and brake, triggers as look left/right. I could ever understand why this was never introduced in the PC version at least, I'm guessing its the same on the PS4/Xbox. That alone annoyed me and for some could be a deal breaker.

Exactly. I don't want to take a *dark* road here, but my guess is that counsel has spoken with Kunos. You can't promise "Fully customizable single player and multiplayer mode" and then deliver a wet blanket that groups people into Soviet style hoppers for the convenience of the Politburo. (Sorry, carried away with history there).

Legal counsel surely knows when a promise that goes too far turns into a corporate liability. And good counsel is familiar with the U.C.C. See section 2-313 (1) (a)
Well.. I knew that there was no customisable multiplayer lobbies before release but still bought it regardless because I thought it was worth it for the other aspects of virtual racing it brought to console. Not disappointed in that decision at all... Always research your purchases and know what you are buying.

I'm willing to give Kuno's the time to develop this on console just like they have on PC but in the meantime I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience with what they have given us right here and now :)

Last edited:
Well.. I knew that there was no customisable multiplayer lobbies before release but still bought it regardless because I thought it was worth it for the other aspects of virtual racing it brought to console. Not disappointed in that decision at all... Always research your purchases and know what you are buying.

I'm willing to give Kuno's the time to develop this on console just like they have on PC but in the meantime I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience with what they have given us right here and now :)
That was said 24 hours before the release? When you found out about no custom lobbies?

Yesterday i checked Forza 5 (6 not better) and SLRE for the XBox and coulnd´t drive it with the TX-wheel, because the lag is just horrible (and FFB terrible). Never tried AC on an XBox, but it can´t be so bad according to the reviews and about matching graphical weels. Most PC-ports from console seems to suck much more than what Kunos did. AC is certainly not as good as on PC and will hopefully never be, but it seems more awesome than the sh*t Turn 10 did by far.

I think they did the best they could, its no different than Project Cars on console.
And don't say driver club or whatever they all run 30FPS.

As you can see pretty hard for AC to hit 60FPS (average 40-45fps) so yeah using wheel and playing on 60hz tv might not be the ideal setup for input lag etc.

Btw Project Cars did no better around 35fps (in rain dips below 30fps) blame the garbage console hardware ps4 and xbox.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, I am enjoying the little bit that I have played so far (XB1S). I played a couple of the single player modes and did one race online. I did not notice any issue (probably did not play long enough) and the FFB feels awesome on the TX wheel. As far as tracks, I am sure that there will be track and car DLC in the near future. This is where Kuno's will continue to make there money. As far as issue's with the game I hope that they will patch it and fix what needs to be fixed. Only time will tell, but it won't keep me from enjoying what is there now. I still enjoy Pcars and that game is still buggy as hell and will stay that way until Pcars 2 comes out.

What people have to remember is that up until Pcars all that console players had were simcades. Forza and Gran Turismo have pretty much been the same since the 1st versions hit years ago. Pcars was the 1st attempt at a true PC race simulator for the console. Hopefully when the next wave of Console race sims hit there won't be as many issue's with them as there are now, but until then this is what the console racers have to play. It is what it is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%