kristiannn's AI Mod V2.0

Hi Kristian,

We ran Melbourne, Sepang, China and Spain with this approach and the IA change theres tires as we (the same strategy).

At the end of the game, when I compare theres laps times, exemple: 17, 18, 27, 28, 39 and 40 laps. There time are very close to us. +-.100 seconds.

For Melbourne:
I increase +50 the grip for the IA in the file ai_vehicle_track.
I decrease the <rearWingMinDistanceToNextCorner float="200.0" to 125 (street circuit (no high speed curve)

It was a battle from the first lap to the end.
I pass Sam le tigre in the last lap and finish 0.159 ahead. But 45 seconds from the winner.
I made a one little mistake (visit the sand) during the race.
I remember, during the race i took about 8-9 laps to reduce a +-5 seconds gap with Button. It was very realistic.

For Sepang:
I increase +25 the grip for the IA in the file ai_vehicle_track.
I decrease the <rearWingMinDistanceToNextCorner float="200.0" to 185
DRS at 185, because they spin at the curve 5 or 6 (i don't remember)
The race pace was fast but not as Melbourne
Sam was battle from the first lap to the end with 2 cars (Vettel and Hamilton) and win the race with 20 seconds ahead. Finish at the position 5, with a flat during the race ... thank you mister Shumi...

For Chine:
I increase +25 the grip for the IA in the file ai_vehicle_track.
I decrease the <rearWingMinDistanceToNextCorner float="200.0" to 175
DRS at 175, because they spin at one curve (i don't remember)
The pace was fast, but not enough for us,

Sam did a solo race in the front, after my last pit stop, i make a great come back from the fifth place to the second place (pass Button) at the last lap to win (because Sam le tigre received a 20 seconds penality).

the pace of the race could have been better

This is my observation

Great work jbblosse.

Can you do the AI improvements on all tracks ?

Kristian (I expect) will be okay just ensure you given him credit. I would be pleased to help you test. There only seems to be about 5 people interested in modding the game faster at the moment - we are a dieing breed.

Keep up the great work. LOVE IT!!!!

Hi,

I do +50 grip for Melbourne to Silverstone.
I do +25 grip (all race)

We race Spain with +35 Grip and DRS reduce to 195

@jbblosse so what are the lap times at Melbourne for example? And at Sepang? Because this may be enough for you, but for other people it can be too slow. Never actually tested these grips. I was about to do that before my GPU died but didn't.. Aaaand... Yea... What are the lap times? As many tracks as you have tested, pls tell me :D

@jbblosse so what are the lap times at Melbourne for example? And at Sepang? Because this may be enough for you, but for other people it can be too slow. Never actually tested these grips. I was about to do that before my GPU died but didn't.. Aaaand... Yea... What are the lap times? As many tracks as you have tested, pls tell me :D

At MELBOURNE :

QUALIF: Pole by
Mark Webber 1:21.457
me :
1:22.982 (Grid 9)
Sam le Tigre :
1:22.491 (Grid 6)

BEST RACE LAP :
Lewis Hamilton 1:23.631 Soft,Medium,Medium
me :
1:26.055

Soft,Medium,Medium
Sam le Tigre :
1:24.234 Soft,Medium,Medium, Soft

At SEPANG :

Sebastain Vettel 1:27.516
me :
1:29.894 (Grid 12)
Sam le Tigre :
1:29.231 (Grid 8)

BEST RACE LAP :
Sebastain Vettel 1:30.803 Medium,Hard,Medium

me :
1:31.619 Medium,Hard,Medium,Medium
Sam le Tigre :
1:31.172 Medium,Hard,Hard

At MELBOURNE :

Mark Webber 1:21.457
me :
1:22.982 (Grid 9)
Sam le Tigre :
1:22.491 (Grid 6)

BEST RACE LAP :
Lewis Hamilton 1:23.631 Soft,Medium,Medium
me :
1:26.055

Soft,Medium,Medium
Sam le Tigre :
1:24.234 Soft,Medium,Medium, Soft

At SEPANG :

Sebastain Vettel 1:27.516
me :
1:29.894 (Grid 12)
Sam le Tigre :
1:29.231 (Grid 8)

BEST RACE LAP :
Sebastain Vettel 1:30.803 Medium,Hard,Medium

me :
1:31.619 Medium,Hard,Medium,Medium
Sam le Tigre :
1:31.172 Medium,Hard,Hard

Oh, strange. Aren't these the same lap times? 1.23.6 for Melbourne is a low lap. I can do 1.20's at the end of the race. Any chance of trying to make it 1.20 to see if it's possible?

Oh, strange. Aren't these the same lap times? 1.23.6 for Melbourne is a low lap. I can do 1.20's at the end of the race. Any chance of trying to make it 1.20 to see if it's possible?
Hi,

I do not know what lap it is, we take the results at the end of the game

But i do remember for Melbourne:
Is that i was trying to save my tires as Button did so well and Sam le Tigre rolled like a rabbit with the leaders.

The leaders (Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, Button and Rosberg) had a race pace of 1:23. 600-700 between the 25 and 35 laps.

Note:
I play Melbourne before with the regular file and it's very easy AND BORING to take the lead and win the race by 50 seconds ahead.
But for me, these approch seems to be great.

only with your permission, i can try to put here your 4 files i tweak for this test. If somebody wan't to try it.

ai_choreographer (try to improve IA starting)
ai_driver_config (Reduce DRS 200 to 125)
ai_vehicle_track +50 grip
and the database (i higher the agressivity) for the leaders

It was difficult at melbourne to keep the first place and to overtake the AI, it was a great race .
The AI overtake us and the battle could last 10-12 laps with many overtakes, they defended their positions it was very nice.
I was only the first three laps and after I had difficulty catch up them.

i have race with no TC, Manual gearbox etc... the only aid that i have use is the trajectory

Hi,

I do not know what lap it is, we take the results at the end of the game

But i do remember for Melbourne:
Is that i was trying to save my tires as Button did so well and Sam le Tigre rolled like a rabbit with the leaders.

The leaders (Vettel, Webber, Hamilton, Button and Rosberg) had a race pace of 1:23. xxx low between the 25 and 35 laps.

Note:
I play Melbourne before with the regular file and it's very easy AND BORING to take the lead and win the race by 50 seconds ahead.
But for me, these approch seems to be great.

only with your permission, i can try to put here your 4 files i tweak for this test. If somebody wan't to try it.

ai_choreographer (try to improve IA starting)
ai_driver_config (Reduce DRS 200 to 125)
ai_vehicle_track +50 grip
and the database (i higher the agressivity) for the leaders

Can you first send me the files, I want to see them. I'll put a link later. :)

I just tried the files and I'm not really sure how this works. I increased it even more and the AI goes out of the track. This should increase grip, not cornering speed o.O Any ideas? If you want - share it.

I just tried the files and I'm not really sure how this works. I increased it even more and the AI goes out of the track. This should increase grip, not cornering speed :confused: Any ideas? If you want - share it.
But I took the IA track_Melbourne file in your mod 2.3 (ajust 2 corners) and everything was ok with +50 grip.

Can you upload the files and tell us what tracks it works on? :)

Sam le Tigre will give you the links in (mediafire) in 1 hour. (Montréal time)
Only try these files with Kristian mod 2.3 files and make a 100% race. You will see the difference.

After your race, I would appreciate your comments good or bad but constructive.

Did you have any success making the cars faster on Lap 1?
more grip improve the lap one to
see
<brake_line id="990">
<brake_data type="curve" min_speed="0.0" max_speed="0.0" drift_speed="-5.0" distance_modifier="1.05" hold_line_id="0" hold_distance_modifier="0.00" curve_modifier="1.18" curve_modifier_left="1.10" curve_modifier_right="1.30" curve_modifier_low_grip="1.50" curve_modifier_left_low_grip="1.50" curve_modifier_right_low_grip="1.50" curve_modifier_med_grip="1.60" curve_modifier_left_med_grip="1.60" curve_modifier_right_med_grip="1.80" reduced_mechanics_curvature_modifier="1.00" />
</brake_line>

Sam le Tigre will give you the links in (mediafire) in 1 hour. (Montréal time)
Only try these files with Kristian mod 2.3 files and make a 100% race. You will see the difference.

After your race, I would appreciate your comments good or bad but constructive.

Will try a 100% race as soon as you upload it :)

Have you changed the AI on all tracks( if not are you planning to do so?).

Keep up the good work! Only one month left to f1 2012 but still need something meanwhile ;)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 486 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 322 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 150 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.5%
Back