KartSim Released for rFactor 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim rF2 Release 1.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 2.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 3.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 4.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 5.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 6.jpg
The new KartSim rFactor 2 collaboration is here, available to purchase in the rFactor 2 store and containing laserscanned tracks with more still to come..!

Although based on the rFactor 2 platform by Studio 397, KartSim is in fact an entirely independent project developed by the KartSim development team as an separate piece of content to the officially licenced Studio 397 DLC packs, such as the recent GT3 Power Pack and Formula E 'Energize' content.

Working closely with S397 and rFactor 2, KartSim is led by "karting insider" Tony Ifran and his development team. The first KartSim instalment contains three UK based laserscanned circuits in the form of the PF International, Buckmore Park and Glan Y Gores tracks, developed using laserscanning technology and promising to be potentially the most detailed recreation of these locations found anywhere in sim racing to date.

Running on these three tracks will be the fixed setup Iame Senior X30 UK and Rental Karts, both of which have been promised to be "meticulously designed working with partners on physics and drivers for performance and accuracy". The karts and tracks will form part of an initial offering within KartSim, with further content to follow in the weeks and months ahead...

For the unfamiliar, here is a brief description of the kart types to be found in KartSim at present:

Iame Senior X30 UK
The “X30 World” concept is based on the engine X30 125cc and it can be summarized in few words as “real Karting at hand”. Thanks to the characteristics of the engine of simplicity, immediate feeling, reliability, performance and ease of use, with the concept of X30 World, IAME offers a full program for Karting drivers from the year of their 13th birthday (with the correct MSA licence) with an engine that can virtually accompany them along the whole career.

Since the very first introduction on the markets, the X30 has quickly and constantly grown, in the beginning as an engine dedicated to regional series, up to commercial classes promoted under the name of “X30 Challenge”, then introduced as Federative class by federations willing to replace the unsuccessful international classes and recently landed at international level with a European Challenge and an International Final usually held in central Europe.

The success of the X30 categories, basically distinguished in X30 Junior, X30 Senior and X30 Master, comes from the stability and solidity of the engine and from IAME’s constant aim to provide detailed regulations and low management costs of both the vehicle and the race meetings. In 2013 the X30 is present in more than 15 countries and beside the commercial classes.

Rental Kart
The Rental Kart is a fixed gearing corporate kart using a 4 stroke engine for karters who enjoy karting as hobby. They’re equipped with night lights too so you can keep racing them 24/7!

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

KartSim rF2 Release 7.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It’s incredible the amount of haters and immature kids we have here.

We could say the same thing about the readers over at the studio 397 forums, slagging off Race Department and it's readers, claiming they don't know anything about racing simulators, I mean who the hell are those "think they know it all " people that visit that forum, sitting in gods waiting room, with their delusions, that rFactor 2 will one day rule the sim racing scene, it wont ever.

You're welcome to slag off Race Department readers over there that's fine, but don't bring that crap over here and not expect to be called out for it.

We could say the same thing about the readers over at the studio 397 forums, slagging off Race Department and it's readers, claiming they don't know anything about racing simulators, I mean who the hell are those "think they know it all " people that visit that forum, sitting in gods waiting room, with their delusions, that rFactor 2 will one day rule the sim racing scene, it wont ever.

You're welcome to slag off Race Department readers over there that's fine, but don't bring that crap over here and not expect to be called out for it.

RaceDepartment is a good reality check for all those bubbles growing inside Discord channels and game forums where no-one question what you say.

Last edited:
From a KartSim Dev himself:
To give everyone some background on the team behind KartSim. We are a team of people heavily involved in professional karting in UK and Europe not a team of modders. The idea came about because there has never been a karting simulation product designed for professional karters and kart teams to effectively help us train in an accurate simulation environment. Whilst there is fantastic content available for the single seater and GT market nobody us ever invested in creating this for karting. We saw a gap in the market as for professional karters and most succesful drivers in any category, karting is the grass roots of motorsport and we understand the importance of good simulation for training and development.

All of our content has been built using the same telemetry data available to professional kart teams and has been tested and verified by professional karters in each category not only British, European and World champions but karters at a an intermediate stage of their development as well. 100’s of hours of testing has gone into our pro product. Our X30 is a professional model designed to emulate the real kart as closely as possible. The rental kart is a bit of fun for the hobby karter based on a corporate rental kart. We have worked with RFactor2 on a consumer version as we wanted to release some of our content for the general public to be able to enjoy. The consumer version obviously does not have as many features or content as our pro version. However it still uses the same physics in the kart models and the exactly same quality in the tracks that have been released in the equivalent tracks in the Pro version at a fraction of the price.

This product has taken us over a year to build and we are very grateful to the team of rf2 modders that we have employed to allow us to bring our vision to life. Over the last year no fewer then 15 developers have worked our pro and consumer product at some stage and we couldn’t have done it without your dedication and hard work. This is also only the start of what we want to achieve and hopefully if things go well there is a lot more to come!

I would also like to thank the whole S397 team who have been super helpful and supportive in helping us bring both our Pro and Consumer product to market. We chose RF2 as our partner as we believed they had the best physics engine available to help us make the most accurate karting simulation product and after having a chance to work with Marcel and his team I think we certainly made the right decision.

typically the discourse of the basic hater ... and you are known for that so ...:poop:

This is a good addition to rFactor 2 and I can't wait to see how it develops. The physics are good but not too much different to the basic karts in rFactor but a step in the right direction. My only quibbles are:

Change the steering wheels, the 'junior' looking senior models and give us a tacho that looks like the ones we use on the real thing (Even the stock rFactor 2 karts had a half decent looking tacho :).

Jesus.....you can buy (realism) a real Kart and 1 seasons race fees for cheaper than most there products!

Asides from the rich who would pay £10000 for a kart sim setup?
I payed $150 cdn for the real deal experience and got x10 45min enduro races in my indoor league lol
i can asure you that for 9000 pounds you cant drive a real race 125cc shifter kart championship A proper 125cc race kart will cost youy about 15000Pounds and 1 season european championship as an example (thats 4 race wwkends) you will need qpprox 35000Pounds for that (exclusif your kart) and i speak from experience I agree on buying that simulator for 9000Pounds thats to much we better go to practice on real circuits

I purchased this today and I think it's really good. I haven't spent much time on rfactor2 before so didn't have great ffb etc setup. I setup vr today and loaded the kartsim up. I'm still yet to get the steering sensitivity setup but I think it's really good.

I can relate it to the real thing as I had a rotax max 125 and used to race at PFI, I was there driving on the 1st day they opened the extended track.
I feel the kart understeers a bit but I'm sure I can get it felling right with basic setup changes

this place is the new PRC basically.. sim racing negativity to its maximum!
Just because your negative about something does not make you into the new PRC. I refunded this because it did not meet my expectations vs cost.

I still love RF2 but not this content, and I think they are taking fans of the game for a ride with this content and it's associated cost.

My opinion signed Lazarou.

If you buy a T-shirt and it does not meet your expectations vs cost you send or take it back, simple.

My main issue with this content is that it does RF2 a disservice, and does nothing to enhance the game.

My opinion signed Lazarou.

I always find it funny (and disturbing) to read that "RaceDepartment Readers" are either haters or fanboys. People making such claims have really no idea about the size of this website/community.

RaceDepartment consist of 540,000 registered accounts and the site is visited by 500,000 people unique every 30 days making it the largest simracing site on the internet where almost every simracer has an account (including all the 'haters' and 'fanboys'). Do all these half million people hate game X and love game Y? Of course they don't. Only a small percentage of people actually posts on forums (same as on every other forum).

When you can't stand negative or positive opinions don't visit a forum where people have..... discussions.

There is no need to generalize us all as haters or fanboys.

Just be nice and when people violate our posting rules as described in the ToS you can report it to us and we will look at it. But loving or hating is not just having a different opinion.

i can asure you that for 9000 pounds you cant drive a real race 125cc shifter kart championship A proper 125cc race kart will cost youy about 15000Pounds and 1 season european championship

I guess the price all depends where you live?
Talking to my buddy who's competed in a rotax series here in calgary. He bought a 125cc used 1.5yr old for $6000 cdn all in tools and lift included....new was roughly $10000-$12000 cdn. Asides from league fees/kart, he said the biggest cost was fuel/tires and professionnel tunning which was roughly $5k per yr, but some were paying nearly twice that.

When I was over at his place I was admiring his trophy case which had a dozen or so and few medals.
He replied with " thats what 5 yrs of karting and $25k can get ya....and some sore ribs" lol

Don't know how this Karts feel, but i was driving the shifter-karts in AMS quite a bit, tried the rF2-Karts for minutes and didn't like it and was running the 125 ccm Karts in pCars 2 this weekend the first time. Just five kart-locations in pCars 2 with only one Kart, but really love it. Physics seems similar with AMS, but the FFB is so much stiffer and feels like spool. In AMS it feels too spongy and differential-like from the FFB and had to add a lot Foundation-FFB in Sim Commander to get at least the strength i guess is realistic. I want to sweat within five minutes while driving Karts and so far only pCars 2 is awesome out of the box. Is KartSim better?

The overwhelmingly majority of developers on Steam that sell to Brazil put a price that is, most of the times, double (in numbers, not monetary value) to what the US price is. So if e.g. CSGO costs 15 dollars to the US market, it'll probably cost from 24 to 30 BRL in Brazil. But while I'd love to buy this pack, it costs almost 82 bucks for Brazil. No thanks.

• Deleted member 130869

I am quite fond of the rental kart. Observing the inputs and behavior compared with speed and both amount of input and slip angles, I cannot complain. Braking behavior is one area where a minor update would be welcome, otherwise it is mostly down with what my equipment is able to transmit to my hands and its ability to cope.

if you anything into carts i think it's worth they money during the steam sale. my own experince is only a few rentals so i'm no expert but think it is on pair with the ams karts.

one thing that could be better is the AI drivers position in the cart and that the AI heads do not lean in the curves, maybe that will improve

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.