KartSim Released for rFactor 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim rF2 Release 1.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 2.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 3.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 4.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 5.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 6.jpg
The new KartSim rFactor 2 collaboration is here, available to purchase in the rFactor 2 store and containing laserscanned tracks with more still to come..!

Although based on the rFactor 2 platform by Studio 397, KartSim is in fact an entirely independent project developed by the KartSim development team as an separate piece of content to the officially licenced Studio 397 DLC packs, such as the recent GT3 Power Pack and Formula E 'Energize' content.

Working closely with S397 and rFactor 2, KartSim is led by "karting insider" Tony Ifran and his development team. The first KartSim instalment contains three UK based laserscanned circuits in the form of the PF International, Buckmore Park and Glan Y Gores tracks, developed using laserscanning technology and promising to be potentially the most detailed recreation of these locations found anywhere in sim racing to date.

Running on these three tracks will be the fixed setup Iame Senior X30 UK and Rental Karts, both of which have been promised to be "meticulously designed working with partners on physics and drivers for performance and accuracy". The karts and tracks will form part of an initial offering within KartSim, with further content to follow in the weeks and months ahead...

For the unfamiliar, here is a brief description of the kart types to be found in KartSim at present:

Iame Senior X30 UK
The “X30 World” concept is based on the engine X30 125cc and it can be summarized in few words as “real Karting at hand”. Thanks to the characteristics of the engine of simplicity, immediate feeling, reliability, performance and ease of use, with the concept of X30 World, IAME offers a full program for Karting drivers from the year of their 13th birthday (with the correct MSA licence) with an engine that can virtually accompany them along the whole career.

Since the very first introduction on the markets, the X30 has quickly and constantly grown, in the beginning as an engine dedicated to regional series, up to commercial classes promoted under the name of “X30 Challenge”, then introduced as Federative class by federations willing to replace the unsuccessful international classes and recently landed at international level with a European Challenge and an International Final usually held in central Europe.

The success of the X30 categories, basically distinguished in X30 Junior, X30 Senior and X30 Master, comes from the stability and solidity of the engine and from IAME’s constant aim to provide detailed regulations and low management costs of both the vehicle and the race meetings. In 2013 the X30 is present in more than 15 countries and beside the commercial classes.

Rental Kart
The Rental Kart is a fixed gearing corporate kart using a 4 stroke engine for karters who enjoy karting as hobby. They’re equipped with night lights too so you can keep racing them 24/7!

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

KartSim rF2 Release 7.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
By the time KartKraft struggles into life, things like this and PiSoBo's Kart Racing Pro will have taken over! Although my first thought is that the drivers don't seem to have any necks, or their general dimensions are a bit odd (maybe it's just the angles of the screenshots?).

Although my first thought is that the drivers don't seem to have any necks, or their general dimensions are a bit odd (maybe it's just the angles of the screenshots?).

I just assumed the driver was a kid like say 8 or 10. If you look at photos of kids racing karts the head (helmet) does seem disproportionate..

Meanwhile I'm whacking my forehead for tossing my racekart out some years back. I could have used it as a base for a sim racer.

I don't like the way they sell it as "item shop" instead of traditional dlc which has steam support.

The item shop is now a link on the bottom of the store page. I'm wondering... why? Before it was a banner on the store page if I recall correctly.

By default, you have to click on the read more: https://i.imgur.com/q8qVPXZ.png To see the link to the item store.

It's well hidden. lol

Edit.: According to the text on the right: https://i.imgur.com/RAdEmTp.png
After purchase, this item:
  • this item is considered an "in-game item" for the purposes of the Steam Refund offer
So this is better than the DLC because the refund window is 48 hours. :D While for a DLC it's only 2 hours.

Well I used to race at PFi in a Honda pro kart, so I am very chuffed to see PFi in sim form.
But as much as i enjoy the AMS karts and also the RF2 karts currently, i always feel it's similar to motorbike games where with racing cars you don't use your body to effect the car, its 'simply' turn wheel stop go change gears.
With karting you have to move your weight around as you corner and duck your head to get better aero dynamics etc....its so much more physical like biking.
I used to proper lean around my kart, I used to get told off for leaning onto corners instead of out though...but really i always wanted to be on a motorbike...thats why i did it..
So as a sim its always going to be lacking that major element....so for me it suddenly makes it a curiosity....i'll probably try it and refund if it feels off. AMS seemed to nail it...

Wait.. no complaints about the price yet? What site is this? I thought I was in RD :D

Not a fan of karts, or FE. Hopefully the upcoming GTE pack will have all cars and then URD release the PXi pack at the same time, now THAT would be amazing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back