Just bought Assetto Corsa...

£15 on the Steam store...after 30 mins I went back to R3E!

For me the physics and driver feel in Race room is second to none! In AC it just didnt feel right and the graphics were nowhere near as good either.

I just hope we see more content soon and hopefully more people will get on board to boost the games profile.

Agree the graphics aren't up to scratch but there are a lot of things to like.
I find the Force Feedback with my ClubSport Wheel to be sublime with AC and the physics seem to be spot on.
Just goes to show its a matter of personal taste.

@sid77 I think you need to try AC again, sober this time....
Even the devs have admitted the FFB aint up to par with competing titles in the current public release, but there's hope down the line with the upcoming FFB update! :D
Don't mistake me for a R3E hater though, I own all cars and tracks ingame and am eagerly looking forward to the update!

Well, honestly, i think ac have both better physics and graphics. But then again, like Kjell said, i'm a sucker for R3E. Bought lots of stuff and will keep doing so. (especially knowing they'll add R18 TDI, adac gt cars and wtcc)

I guess its all about the person. Put it this way I get waaaay more of a rush playing R3E than AC. I think the excellent engine noises make it more immersive as well, just my opinion.

I guess its all about the person. Put it this way I get waaaay more of a rush playing R3E than AC. I think the excellent engine noises make it more immersive as well, just my opinion.

I would agree that the sounds play a much larger role in adding immersion than people generally give it credit for. Fortunately, AC will be getting a major sound update in the future, I'm looking forward to that.

GSC Extreme is excellent and gets most of my sim-racing time alongside R3E.

Assetto Corsa is a strange one. It essentially ticks all the boxes but it hasn't got me hooked like the aforementioned games. Not sure what it is but I run a few laps in AC and get a little bored of it. I'm sure that will change once more refinements and official content arrive.

rF2 has undoubted potential but how long will it take to be realised? It's a bit too rough around the edges and not user-friendly for me right now, besides being very content limited for my tastes. I'd much rather play GSC.

James@

I totally agree with you.. AC was the reason I went PC sim racing and theres just something about it that puts me of.. maybe the bad AI.. GFX are gorgeous but it needs more than that. Im currently looking at another sim, to go aloingside RF2. I think that's probably the most realistic sim you can buy, but shame about its progress. It just feels like a tech demo for now. Has lots of potential. So that has brought me to GSce and RRE.

Im considering RRe at the moment. but have plenty of questions.

-AI adaptive thingy? does it actually work. Most sim games I play witth 94-96% AI. Will the AI keep up with me eventually.

-How would you rate the physics against AC/RF2/GCSe?

-AI.... do they overtake well and defend (something Rfs AI is very good at) and not have silly slow corners, hit you on slow corners (race07 flaws) etc.

Does RRe match up to GCSe.?

Adaptive AI works between race sessions.
During your first race the AI might be too slow, but it adjusts to your skills once the race has ended, so the next race they should be closer to your performance.
It might need a couple of Races for them to adjust perfectly.

But we are also looking into bringing back a Difficulty setting, so you can adjust it manually yourself.

The physics are currently going through some major changes.
You will start to see first improvements with the GT Masters 2013 pack that will be released soon.
But we will bring all our cars up to the new standard.

The AI itself does a really good job in overtaking and choosing their lines.
As you can see here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-racing-experience-adac-gt-masters-pack-teaser.92092/

James@

I totally agree with you.. AC was the reason I went PC sim racing and theres just something about it that puts me of.. maybe the bad AI.. GFX are gorgeous but it needs more than that. Im currently looking at another sim, to go aloingside RF2. I think that's probably the most realistic sim you can buy, but shame about its progress. It just feels like a tech demo for now. Has lots of potential. So that has brought me to GSce and RRE.

Im considering RRe at the moment. but have plenty of questions.

-AI adaptive thingy? does it actually work. Most sim games I play witth 94-96% AI. Will the AI keep up with me eventually.

-How would you rate the physics against AC/RF2/GCSe?

-AI.... do they overtake well and defend (something Rfs AI is very good at) and not have silly slow corners, hit you on slow corners (race07 flaws) etc.

Does RRe match up to GCSe.?

At %100, the ac ai is just the right challenge for me(they swallow my dust at %90)

With R3E(specifically dtm 2013) though, my first 2-3 races were easy. Very easy. Ever since the 4th race, i am the one who gets to swallow the dust :) I was very skeptical of this adaptive ai but, men... they hand it to me every race. Silly slow corners? They push you off the track! (not in a bad way though. they definitely follow the rules) They are very aggressive. Just play for half an hour straight. The ai will get on your level.

I installed RR and had a few goes in the various competitions and test mode. One thing that hits me more than anything apart from the good sound and visuals... is that all the cars feel the same?! You could literally be driving anyone of the, just from the cockpit view.

The typical my sim is bigger than yours discussion happens when you start such threads. Nothing good comes from it.

I feel A, wow really I feel B, C outclasses A and B big time, A, B, C sucks as its all arcade compared to D.

Just buy all the sims and enjoy each one of them for their unique features and all problems are solved.:thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%