Just bought Assetto Corsa...

£15 on the Steam store...after 30 mins I went back to R3E!

For me the physics and driver feel in Race room is second to none! In AC it just didnt feel right and the graphics were nowhere near as good either.

I just hope we see more content soon and hopefully more people will get on board to boost the games profile.

I installed RR and had a few goes in the various competitions and test mode. One thing that hits me more than anything apart from the good sound and visuals... is that all the cars feel the same?! You could literally be driving anyone of the, just from the cockpit view.

I completely disagree with that.
I get stuck on a car each time that i try a new one because they feel so good and unique that i want to master it, I load different track with the same car put some times down challenge some people, Then when i do switch to another car its a whole learning curve again.
Oh yeah you need to tweak the sh*t out of the controls/ffb to get a nice feel. But once you hit the spot it responds great.

Last edited:
I installed RR and had a few goes in the various competitions and test mode. One thing that hits me more than anything apart from the good sound and visuals... is that all the cars feel the same?! You could literally be driving anyone of the, just from the cockpit view.
Maybe the free ones, but most seem to have their own personality.
Try the Audi Quattro, Volvo 240, RUF...very different and they all take some practise to figure out.

I have tried RRE again lately, but the FFB and physics wasnt good. Felt worse to me than the early demo I drove a bit more often.
Honestly for me Race07 was nicer to drive than RRE I was really disappointed.

P.S. I drove the Audi R8 GT3 and I would rather go back to the Race07 GTs.

Georg Ortner about adaptive AI : "But we are also looking into bringing back a Difficulty setting, so you can adjust it manually yourself."

I really appreciate that 'cause the thing is : AI adapts perfectly but it seems when you made some really fast laps (leatherboard, track test, singlerace, even online racing - referring to DTME btw) they adapt to that time and , lord ! :), I surely can hold the pace with qualy times for a few laps but not for an entire championship (hence with tyre wear on) ! So I was very frustrated starting a DTM championship and from race two on the whole grid was just up 'n away !

Hi all btw. just signed myself in here at RaceDepartment.

Greetings

Edit: Generally I like single racing as much as multiplayer and I'm absolutely stunned about the DTM AI. A huge improvement coming from GTR2. They use every little gap to take advantage and are very tough to race. I have to admit that the (experienced) mates I raced online are mostly more civil than the AI....:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back