1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Italian Motorfest @ Imola - Thursday 3rd July 2008

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Andy Marsden, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

After discussions with Warren over a few ideas our GTL event for next week is something rather tasty!
    Lets head over to the small nation of San Marino for an Italian feature race with the Ferrari 275GTB at Imola.
    With a one make field and a track that throws up most corner types and various length straights this should be a fantastic event.

Event details
    Game: GT Legends
    Date: Thursday 3rd July 2008
    Server: RaceDepartment.com
    Car: Ferrari 275GTB
    Skins: Default only
    Circuit: Imola
    Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
    Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
    Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
    Race: 20:30, 28 lap race

Server settings
    Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Weather: Dry
    Failures: Normal
    Pitstops: No compulsory pitstops
    In-game start time: 1500

Signups
    1 Hans Sneep
    2 Kevin Ascher
    3 Traumatic
    4 Chris Vick
    5 Warren Dawes
    6 Simon Bacon
    7 Peter Gog
    8 Szilárd Szabó
    9 evo 9
    10 Sam_J
    11 Neil Tennant

Reserves

2. Not sure if I will be able to make this one, have my first driving test that night and may not be back in time plus I need to eat :)

3. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I do not even have got that car :D

4. No problems mate, head here and you will! :thumb:

5. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Hy Andy, I sign up but its not an easy car to drive. got to practice a lot,,,,,

Hans

6. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

then I'm in :)

7. im in

8. I'll give this a try as well.

Chris

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Who can resist the chance to drive (or at least try to drive) a classic Ferrari around Imola.

I'm in, it will be nice to try to learn a new car. Haven't tried this one hardly at all.

10. Where are all the people.

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I have to agree. If we don't get support for GTL at RaceDept. it's future may be limited here. :(
    What a shame that would be as it's a great driving game. :thumb:

12. Its partley due to vista why we have a low number of racers.
    Due to starforce program, people dont want to downlaod that software

13. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Sorry for late reply, I'm in.:jumping:

14. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I've been running Vista x64 for over a year now, GTL never gave me any problems, nor has Starforce to be fair. The first thing I did was to change GTL.exe properties and tick the 'Run As Administrator' box and it worked fine.

I followed everything suggested here:

How to: Install GT Legends on Vista Ultimate 64 bit - NoGripRacing

15. I know someone who has this game but he dosen't want to install starforce because he thinks it's crap.
    Is any1 up for practising now im trying out my g25

16. I cant get to grips with the g25 the steering is weird and i keep spinning it when i use the brakes:(

17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I've only had one very brief try with the Ferrari and found the same thing. It is very sensitive re when to downshift and how hard to brake. I found I had to brake a little easier and downshift at much lower revs or the tail let go frequently.

18. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Pitstops...I don't think we can do without them because you can't load enough full for the whole race,beside of that the tires want hold it,

Hans

19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

It might be interesting to see some strategy here then, it looked to me that it might be possible to not do one but you would need to drive very carefully.

I think it is good when it is left to strategy and not compulsory.

20. This car on this track is tough. I am barely able to turn a 2:20.4, and I am spinning a lot. The Ferrari is very sensitive to down shifts, and somewhat sensitive to braking. I won't have any time to do a real setup since I just started practicing now, and the race is in less than 24 hrs.

It is a shame that there is not more participation in GTL. The cars are tough, but the events are fun, and I have really enjoyed them. In particular, this crowd seems a bit more polite than even the FD Series crowd in Race07, which I really appreciate. Perhaps there might be a way to get this message out to those who have been a bit disappointed with the aggressive driving elsewhere?!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.