1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Italian Map Expansion Coming to European Truck Sim 2!

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 12, 2017 at 00:50.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,541
    ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 5.jpg
    Italy is coming to European Truck Simulator 2, with confirmation today that an Italian map expansion DLC is in the works from the SCS Software environment team.

Although several Italian locations already exist in European Truck Simulator 2, SCS Software have made the decision to create an entire Italian map expansion similar in style to the last Vive La France pack released back in December. The Italian locations already in game will "receive an extra layer of polish to coincide with the DLC release", allowing those who decide against purchasing the DLC to still receive some enhancements to the game independent of the new map expansion pack.

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 1.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 2.jpg

The new road networks and towns / cities will feature much of what makes Italy so iconic. Confirmed to be included will be such feature landscapes as "roads leading through the Apennines, where tunnels and bridges alternate with scenic vistas and curvy segments, opening the view to distant horizons". Although plenty of farmland and sea skirting passageways will be included, SCS have confirmed the new map should consist of "a relatively high concentration of cities and industries", surely giving gamers plenty to see and do once it releases (hopefully) towards the end of 2017.

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 3.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 4.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 6.jpg

European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator are available to purchase on the Steam platform right now.

Like big riggin'? Check out the European Truck Simulator 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with your fellow truck driving fans. If European roads aren't your thing, you could always pop on over to the American Truck Sim sub forum and get your fill of driving in the good old U S of A!

Like the sound of an Italian map expansion in ETS2? Do you still play the game now the more recent American Truck Simulator has been released? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Baron3105

Baron3105

Ratings:
    +325
    Cant wiat :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racer67

Racer67

Ratings:
    +11
    No disrespect to the truckers, but an Italian expansion track for Assetto Corsa would be great to go with the Ferrari pack coming soon... Just some random off topic day-dreaming when I saw these screenies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +19
    Actually i hope AC is a game like this, we get new tracks and cars, and also huge map DLC,lol....:thumbsup:

5. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +27
    AC would be perfect for street racing. Good physics, nice clear graphics, NFS-style supercars. I wonder how hard it would be to import France and Italy into AC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +19
    Eh, OK, i hope a game plays like The Crew, huge map but with AC physics.:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +30
    [​IMG]
    Better to stay in the truck then! :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +27
    I heard Kunos Simulazioni is hiring?

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +30
    Yep. And as we see some brought their own tire model. :cool:

• Haha Haha x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna

Ratings:
    +10
    Welcome Home !!! :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edivad82

Edivad82

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I hope that new circuits will be developed for AC. At the moment, only dlc of cars came out. It is only thanks to the fans that we have so many circuits.

12. British_Biscui

British_Biscui

Ratings:
    +112
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kasti

Kasti

Ratings:
    +88
    ETS2 has come a long way now- but they always find a way to polish it up.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Robert Stanley

Robert Stanley

Ratings:
    +5
    Yep, London DLC incoming ;/

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    Aww, really hoped for reworked UK and Ireland as new country. Would love to drive those small inland roads in Ireland.

Few weeks ago I was driving behind a truck, and suddenly it did hit a tree cause of the height. A bit of the tree felt onto my car. That was awesome.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. AndyMan101

AndyMan101
    Blind Grandad Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +4
    Nice, i'm looking foward to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Ratings:
    +369
    How many 'refugees' will jump in my trailer while I'm asleep at the services?

• Sad Sad x 1
  18. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +27
    Just treat the expansion as a zombie mod and don't stop for any reason.

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 4
  19. Torcano

Torcano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +433
    Zombie horde mode lmao. Will add some much needed excitement to the game when you suddenly get jumped and have to find a different route to the destination indeed. xD

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kasti

Kasti

Ratings:
    +88
    To be a truckdriver is tough these days and these guys make it dangerous too. Shocking.