Italian Map Expansion Coming to European Truck Sim 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 5.jpg

Italy is coming to European Truck Simulator 2, with confirmation today that an Italian map expansion DLC is in the works from the SCS Software environment team.

Although several Italian locations already exist in European Truck Simulator 2, SCS Software have made the decision to create an entire Italian map expansion similar in style to the last Vive La France pack released back in December. The Italian locations already in game will "receive an extra layer of polish to coincide with the DLC release", allowing those who decide against purchasing the DLC to still receive some enhancements to the game independent of the new map expansion pack.

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 1.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 2.jpg

The new road networks and towns / cities will feature much of what makes Italy so iconic. Confirmed to be included will be such feature landscapes as "roads leading through the Apennines, where tunnels and bridges alternate with scenic vistas and curvy segments, opening the view to distant horizons". Although plenty of farmland and sea skirting passageways will be included, SCS have confirmed the new map should consist of "a relatively high concentration of cities and industries", surely giving gamers plenty to see and do once it releases (hopefully) towards the end of 2017.

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 3.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 4.jpg

ETS2 Italian Map Expansion 6.jpg

European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator are available to purchase on the Steam platform right now.

Like big riggin'? Check out the European Truck Simulator 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with your fellow truck driving fans. If European roads aren't your thing, you could always pop on over to the American Truck Sim sub forum and get your fill of driving in the good old U S of A!

Like the sound of an Italian map expansion in ETS2? Do you still play the game now the more recent American Truck Simulator has been released? Let us know in the comments section below!

This looks so awesome. Shame that i am no Truck driver (no disrespect guys :) )...
i want this exact game, only sports and super cars instead of the Trucks..cars like the street cars in Assetto Corsa, only more (way more) of them, classics and new ones..
And maybe a Sandbox mode, where you can create point-to-point or circuit races in traffic (also online)
This would be sim racing heaven for me :inlove: maybe sometimes in the future it will happen..

I am no fan of illegal street races, quite the opposite, i despise them, endangering other people in that way..
But being able to do it in a Simulator, without endangering anyone, i'd love that idea :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back