ISO F1 1986 Historic Mod

Cars ISO F1 1986 Historic Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I confirm what FZykmu wrote. It gave me a blackscreen once in AMS' home screen. Did the trick he suggested and it works fine. Thanks @FZykmu
thanks for the advice, my game also crashes with this mod but may I ask - which file this is that should be changed ?
I have no clue and no one has said so...
is it Config.ini in game root location ? :unsure:

thanks for the advice, my game also crashes with this mod but may I ask - which file this is that should be changed ?
I have no clue and no one has said so...
is it Config.ini in game root location ? :unsure:

Its in the F1_1986.srs file in the Series folder.

Its strange that this gives problems with some people.

Its in the F1_1986.srs file in the Series folder.
Its strange that this gives problems with some people.
Actually....
the line "F1_1986.srs" was already there
and that's not all, check this out :D - the second time I start the 1986 season everything was just fine. and the third :confused: so that's good news I guess
I didn't done anything yet now it wasn't crash, fingers cross it will stay this way

And once again... thank you for this piece of art, really. I don't understand why this mod isn't more popular around here (perhaps AMS itself isn't that popular anymore, possible) but I know I'll play this oldie much more now, this will be beside CART Extreme my main reason to start this game.
Got one question though...
since you guys made so many of those liveries (all?) sadly they all appear in the game all the time, so, is there a way not to have, say, 5 Piercarlo Ghinzani's in one race ? you know... it kind kills the immersion little bit :laugh:
I figured I can do something by myself - deleting all but one livery for each driver but then, since I love historic accuracy, then comes the question - which actual race I want to keep and which would I delete. Would be silly to have, say, Williams from Belgium and Benetton from Monza.
Then here's another thing... since 1986 is probably my favorite F1 year... it would be sad to delete all those beautiful liveries you guys done painstakingly.

So... to cut this long and boring :D story short... any solution for this ?
to not have multiple same drivers in race ?

Thank you once again, imho this deserves to be payware. :cool:

Actually....
the line "F1_1986.srs" was already there
and that's not all, check this out :D - the second time I start the 1986 season everything was just fine. and the third :confused: so that's good news I guess
I didn't done anything yet now it wasn't crash, fingers cross it will stay this way

And once again... thank you for this piece of art, really. I don't understand why this mod isn't more popular around here (perhaps AMS itself isn't that popular anymore, possible) but I know I'll play this oldie much more now, this will be beside CART Extreme my main reason to start this game.
Got one question though...
since you guys made so many of those liveries (all?) sadly they all appear in the game all the time, so, is there a way not to have, say, 5 Piercarlo Ghinzani's in one race ? you know... it kind kills the immersion little bit :laugh:
I figured I can do something by myself - deleting all but one livery for each driver but then, since I love historic accuracy, then comes the question - which actual race I want to keep and which would I delete. Would be silly to have, say, Williams from Belgium and Benetton from Monza.
Then here's another thing... since 1986 is probably my favorite F1 year... it would be sad to delete all those beautiful liveries you guys done painstakingly.

So... to cut this long and boring :D story short... any solution for this ?
to not have multiple same drivers in race ?

Thank you once again, imho this deserves to be payware. :cool:

Thank you for your words!

You dont need to delete anything. All you need to do is pick just one filter in the opponents options. (unfortunally the name of the races dont show) If you just disable all the filters, and enable one somewhere in the middle of the list there, i am sure you will be able to get the grid of a particular race, and so no more 5 Ghinzanis :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your words!
You dont need to delete anything. All you need to do is pick just one filter in the opponents options. (unfortunally the name of the races dont show) If you just disable all the filters, and enable one somewhere in the middle of the list there, i am sure you will be able to get the grid of a particular race, and so no more 5 Ghinzanis :)
oh man.... stupid me. :x3:
guess I wasn't play AMS for quite some time and my memory isn't what it used to be... :geek:
yeah, of course, should just pick ONE opponent filter in race menu. obvious. thank you :thumbsup:

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for the mod. It's quite good to see that AMS modding community isn't totally gone and i can't even imagine the amount of work put here since you guys made all the models from zero.

When it comes to the cars, i'd like to ask: they are supposed to be slow or it's just me being noob? I mean, i was trying the Lotus on Velo Città and the car went up to 180-190 km/h as topspeed in the straight even after changing the gearratio. For comparison purposes only i went to Formula Classic in the same track and it went 250 km/h top speed in the same straight without any big efforts.

Could someone tell me how can i make these cars go faster? What am i missing?

First of all, thanks for the mod. It's quite good to see that AMS modding community isn't totally gone and i can't even imagine the amount of work put here since you guys made all the models from zero.

When it comes to the cars, i'd like to ask: they are supposed to be slow or it's just me being noob? I mean, i was trying the Lotus on Velo Città and the car went up to 180-190 km/h as topspeed in the straight even after changing the gearratio. For comparison purposes only i went to Formula Classic in the same track and it went 250 km/h top speed in the same straight without any big efforts.

Could someone tell me how can i make these cars go faster? What am i missing?

You have to lift when you shift, or the gears won't engage properly.

Not sure if it's me, but i've done a few clean installs and it seems the 1.2 update freezes on the loading screen? I've tried the the normal install and works. Then tried 1.1 update and works, and even the 1.3 update works fine. But every time i install the 1.2, it freezes.

Hello. I just installed the mod for the first time, downloading each earlier version and replacing them. Some car models didn't load on the showroom with a "gMotor 2" error to load "TT-something" file. Some cars did load on the showroom, but when I loaded a circuit, I got the same error and the car model wasn't there, just a weird grey placeholder. Can you help me?

Hmm thats certainly odd, are you sure you installed all in the right order?
Definitely is... I did everything on the right order, downloading all 4 versions on the Updates section, bottom-top, replacing the files with the fresher versions (1.0 (2/2) - 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3). Tried erasing and reinstalling the mod, still have the same problem. It is particularly strange that I can see some cars like the Williams on the showroom, but it turns into the TEMP placeholder on track, after having the same error on the loading screen. Other cars simply won't show up on the showroom and the error will be the same. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    743.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.png
    2.png
    874.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.png
    3.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 4.png
    4.png