Is this one of the best looking circuits in sim racing?

Still playing a lot of Assetto Corsa at the moment. Monza is one sweet looking circuit. I would even go as far in saying, this could be one of the best looking tracks in all of sim racing. The lighting is unbelievably good, really giving the whole track a solid 3D look. In fact, I would say the game looks almost photo realistic at times, in a way that not even the mighty Project Cars can match. The reflections and blemishes which can be seen as the light catches the windscreen, when on certain parts of the track, is just phenomenal. No sim does windscreen reflections better.

Overall, I would still say that graphically, P cars just has the edge. It too can offer very impressive visuals, but delivers them more consistency, as it has plenty of high quality official content out the box. The same cannot be said for Assetto Corsa. This means, unlike AC, P Cars has no reliance on (or support for), modded content, which although is often excellent, regularly lacks the graphical polish exhibited by most first party content.

I hear you. The 1.5 update sounds sweet. The likes of Spa, Monza, Imola and Catalunya, look so good already, it's kinda hard to imagine them looking any better. I'm sure they will though.

I think out of the box Pcars beats AC, distance objects, trees, 3d grass, colours just don't really hit the mark for me and thats from someone that put in well in excess of a 1000hrs with it before giving up

In terms of track textures I think I'd go with Iracing, they do a really good job of it, just a shame their terrain lets them down so much, their trees suck lol, but I can only assume they will get better now they have DX11

It's all a preference thing, we all see whats on that screen slightly differently and the truth is none of them are bad in terms of stock content, the effort that go's into those tracks is immense and should always be appreciated regardless

I think out of the box Pcars beats AC, distance objects, trees, 3d grass, colours just don't really hit the mark for me and thats from someone that put in well in excess of a 1000hrs with it before giving up

In terms of track textures I think I'd go with Iracing, they do a really good job of it, just a shame their terrain lets them down so much, their trees suck lol, but I can only assume they will get better now they have DX11

It's all a preference thing, we all see whats on that screen slightly differently and the truth is none of them are bad in terms of stock content, the effort that go's into those tracks is immense and should always be appreciated regardless

Interesting what you say about iRacing. I've never played it, but never been mega impressed by what I've seen on the internet. Mind you, a lot of that has been low quality streams, where finer detail is often lost. As I've said, I think P-Cars just beats AC graphically, but not by much imo. I also think AC has a more refined look, but can appear slightly cynical at times.

With Iracing the track and the edges around it are superb, it's when you start to move away from that it let's itself down, with the other two, no there's not much in it and I think AC has the bonus that it's quite easy to tweak with the like's of sweetfx to get it to your own taste, people tend to take what we have now for granted and don't really appreciate what's in front of them, if you compare that to where I started on the ZXspectrum the leap is huge and who know's where it will be in the next 10 years, I just hope I'm here to see it lol

Too true. My first real sim was the first Microprose Formula One GP game by Geoff Crammond on the Atari STE, way back in the day. I was tiny at the time, but my elder brother played it all the time and I was just wowed by it's 'ultra realism'.

Mind you, it's not all about how a game looks. I must say, my current favorite modern sim is R3E and I considered that one of the weakest in terms of graphics. Definitely when compared to AC and P Cars, imo.

• Deleted member 130869

With Iracing the track and the edges around it are superb

Wholeheartedly agree. It's been that way since NR 2003, maybe 2002. I only drove iR through 3 different trial periods but in the game itself, the graphics were usually disappointing with not high-res enough textures. But I think tracks from 2013/2014 and newer are beautiful.

How many tracks does that amount to? Has there been many new circuits released for the title in the last three years or so? Just asking, because I'm thinking of giving the game a go soon.

I've seen Pcars looking awesome in videos, but at my rig it looks less than special, bad aliasing and cartoony color palette, in terms trackside objects it wins against AC (tracks filled with "live" people) but everywhere else it was a disappointment, tarmac textures, grass looks weird, underwhelming cockpits...

I like that AC is very tunable in it's looks, the saturation settings let's you find your prefered tone easily and the PP presets.

Pcars has one trump card which is weather, it looks brilliant in the wet.

Iracing is technologically behind, but what it lacks in fancy post processing it makes up in sharpness and detail, it looks great no doubt.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back