Is there anything I can do to raise FPS?

Hi,

so while i have kind another "problem", it perfectly fits into these header. I will increase my gaming resolution through a new monitor soon to 3440 x1440 @100hertz. With my current 2070super i will be "on the edge" and definetly need more fps to come near the 100 fps.

At this moment i run everything max ingame and i think CSP too. So my question is - Which CSP options are possibly "fps-killers"? Which should i run lower or off.

For example grass.fx - at standart medium quality is active. I run it at high and soo on.... (ok grass is maybe a false example because i simply could test it myself.. :cautious:)

I appreciate every comment. Thank you.

I ran that same monitor at 120hz with no problem with a 1080.
It is all about removing that which you do not need, Apps on screen can consume a lot of FPS.
I am sure you have already done this anyway, remove all apps from the screen, run with no enhancements at all, ie post processing.
I do not miss it at all whilst racing, the 1440p makes sure of that too. :)
Then add most important to you apps and note fps loss.

Last edited:
I ran that same monitor at 120hz with no problem with a 1080.
It is all about removing that which you do not need, Apps on screen can consume a lot of FPS.
I am sure you have already done this anyway, remove all apps from the screen, run with no enhancements at all, ie post processing.
I do not miss it at all whilst racing, the 1440p makes sure of that too. :)
Then add most important to you apps and note fps loss.

While I am no graphic-whore, i find visuals as important as the performance. So i must find the best compromise to get more fps without loosing too much visual beauty.
Unfortunately post processing such things i can`t give up :rolleyes:

It must be all about post processing then.
I have got some test data somewhere, will dig it out.
I have run 24 Ai and easily got 120 hz.
But :-
I suppose I should ask what processor you have, I run a 9600k at 5GHz, and importantly to 16 gig of 3700mhz ram.
I know all these contributed to giving many FPS.

It must be all about post processing then.
I have got some test data somewhere, will dig it out.
I have run 24 Ai and easily got 120 hz.
But :-
I suppose I should ask what processor you have, I run a 9600k at 5GHz, and importantly to 16 gig of 3700mhz ram.
I know all these contributed to giving many FPS.
My cpu is not that fast, but so far fast enough for any game. Therefor i hadn’t the cpu as a bottleneck in mind.

Ryzen 2700x Stock @4-4.3 Ghz with 3200 16gb ram

AC definitely needs a fast CPU clock, and definitely needs fast ram speeds.
Especially when you at at your level of video and game quality requirements.
It just all adds up when you are looking for high FPS too.
I think I got 10 fps from 2800mhz to 3700mhz ram, cannot remember what I got from 4.2 GHz to my now 5Ghz Cpu.
The reason I am stating the above, not knowing your system apart from the gpu, which is perfectly ok, you maybe asking for too much from your overall system for AC.

Last edited:
Just for your information, I run my 5280 x 1440p Samsung at 120fps.
When racing on line, I turn it to 110 fps, for vitally all the race after the start ( 95fps ) it runs at 110fps.
I still, and always have had a momentary stutter that is totally random and lasts for a very brief moment In every race I do. :)

Hi,

so while i have kind another "problem", it perfectly fits into these header. I will increase my gaming resolution through a new monitor soon to 3440 x1440 @100hertz. With my current 2070super i will be "on the edge" and definetly need more fps to come near the 100 fps.

At this moment i run everything max ingame and i think CSP too. So my question is - Which CSP options are possibly "fps-killers"? Which should i run lower or off.

For example grass.fx - at standart medium quality is active. I run it at high and soo on.... (ok grass is maybe a false example because i simply could test it myself.. :cautious:)

I appreciate every comment. Thank you.
I can run it maxed with sol extra at 3840x1080 4xaa at 144hz on a 3070 and an i5. Some of the ppfilters can be a bit heavy but sol is updated so often the filters can't keep up so I stick with sol extra

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.