iRacing Le Mans Released and New Image Gallery

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing LeMans Released.jpg

iRacing.com have finally released their laserscanned version of the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe, home of the world famous round the clock classic, the Le Mans 24 Hour.

The Circuit de la Sarthe is one of the world's oldest active racing facilities, having first hosted the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1923 on a layout composed entirely of public roads. The 1923 running of the 24 race spanned an impressive 17.2 km of dangerous corners and immense straights, proving a test of both man and machine in the early part of the 20th century. The circuit has undergone several transformations since that time, but still remains home to one of the greatest racing events in the world of motorsport.

Known as a race every professional driver wants to win, the current layout of the circuit now stretches to 'only' 13.6km, and features a mix of public road and purpose built racetrack.

iracing LM 1.jpg

iRacing have been working for several years to bring this laserscanned version of the track to their simulation, and the results appear to be truly outstanding. With the usual millimetre accuracy synonymous with the game, iRacing have again excelled themselves with this latest release.
Available to purchase now as part of the Season 4 update, now is your opportunity to race the same piece of tarmac driven by such legends as Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss, Hill, Amon, McLaren, Gurney, Foyt, Pescarolo, Ickx, Bell, McNish, Kristensen and Webber.

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news regarding the simulation. Share or download a setup and join in the community discussion for yourself.

iracing LM 2.jpg iracing LM 3.jpg iracing LM 4.jpg iracing LM 5.jpg iracing LM 6.jpg iracing LM 7.jpg iracing LM 8.jpg iracing LM 9.jpg

Looking forward to driving a laserscanned Le Mans in iRacing? Will you be purchasing the track? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
it's amazing to finally get to know what the real thing looks / is like. some of the turns are so different from the other versions one has played over the years that my first couple of laps i had huge offs almost every lap. Pity the racing so far is only on non sr-servers so it's basically a crash event t1 to t7. @lorenzo: since these events are week 13th events with no sr and iRating involved I doubt anyone will even look at your report.

it's amazing to finally get to know what the real thing looks / is like. some of the turns are so different from the other versions one has played over the years that my first couple of laps i had huge offs almost every lap. Pity the racing so far is only on non sr-servers so it's basically a crash event t1 to t7. @lorenzo: since these events are week 13th events with no sr and iRating involved I doubt anyone will even look at your report.
I feared of that as well, so I'll get a lap around tonight later with the Audi R8 so I can put it up here for all to see.

• Deleted member 130869

Other than the minute aspect of some crazy tire mark paths, this looks absolutely gorgeous and perfect.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back