iRacing Le Mans Released and New Image Gallery

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing LeMans Released.jpg

iRacing.com have finally released their laserscanned version of the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe, home of the world famous round the clock classic, the Le Mans 24 Hour.

The Circuit de la Sarthe is one of the world's oldest active racing facilities, having first hosted the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1923 on a layout composed entirely of public roads. The 1923 running of the 24 race spanned an impressive 17.2 km of dangerous corners and immense straights, proving a test of both man and machine in the early part of the 20th century. The circuit has undergone several transformations since that time, but still remains home to one of the greatest racing events in the world of motorsport.

Known as a race every professional driver wants to win, the current layout of the circuit now stretches to 'only' 13.6km, and features a mix of public road and purpose built racetrack.

iracing LM 1.jpg

iRacing have been working for several years to bring this laserscanned version of the track to their simulation, and the results appear to be truly outstanding. With the usual millimetre accuracy synonymous with the game, iRacing have again excelled themselves with this latest release.
Available to purchase now as part of the Season 4 update, now is your opportunity to race the same piece of tarmac driven by such legends as Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss, Hill, Amon, McLaren, Gurney, Foyt, Pescarolo, Ickx, Bell, McNish, Kristensen and Webber.

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news regarding the simulation. Share or download a setup and join in the community discussion for yourself.

iracing LM 2.jpg iracing LM 3.jpg iracing LM 4.jpg iracing LM 5.jpg iracing LM 6.jpg iracing LM 7.jpg iracing LM 8.jpg iracing LM 9.jpg

Looking forward to driving a laserscanned Le Mans in iRacing? Will you be purchasing the track? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Watched Inside Sim Racing's overview of the pre-release version of Circuit de la Sarthe, and looked real nice ... Plus, good news on the VR graphics tweaks.

Was able to get on the site today for the updates, then just got 502/504 error for the rest of the evening. So no racing :(

Stay out of the left sandbank uphill Dunlop, there was a Brit peeing in there when we were at Le Mans

:):)

The track looks great but I am looking forward to the day when the simulation value increases so we can have some Dutch guys setting off flares in the grandstands, terrible French bands playing at Dunlop, bad smells from the campsites and massive piles of empty beer bottles all around the track. That will be a proper Le Mans simulation. ;)

I'll get a lap recorded today if I have time, actually I had a really good lap recorded during the 24 mins of LeMans event (4.01 or 4.03 on the Audi R8) but I cut it off because the snip of the replay I saved was to report someone for deliberate crash.

Also my suspicions for the reveal:

A. LMP1
B. Day-to-night transitions
C. new UI

OTHER THAN THAT, best track in iRacing and arguably the best laserscanned track I've driven thus far. The discussion would be with either AC Nords and AC Monza.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%