iRacing General Discussion

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
Here guys share your latest achievements, news and race results. This keeps it all nice and tidy. I will start us off by saying I made it to B class. Woot Woot!!! Finally did and entered my first B class event, WSCS only for it to not go official. Anyways share away :thumbsup:

Thanks Snappy, will do. I looked at the series briefly but not too in depth. Just the description, really. I guess, the only thing that I'm a bit shy on is the non-fixed status. I try to carve out as much time just to drive, which means not much is left to build a setup. Is the community pretty open with sharing theirs? I did like the track schedule and not having to buy another car could make it a little less pricey.

Its a great community. Several of the fast guys share their set ups. Incidents still happen -that's just racing-but nowhere near as extreme as the Rookie series. The tracks are a mix of free content and purchase content. I accepted your friend request. If you see me in an official race just join in, if you're not doing anything else.

Did anybody else run in the Daytona 500 races that took place this weekend? I got there after a 13 hour slog to gain 1.56 SR. Unfortunately crashed trying to enter pits after 43 laps caution free. Pit walls are not the most effective ways to brake.

I must say though that even with this crash I gained a lot out of the 13 hours running rookie races to get SR. I currently have 7 races in a row with only 1 incident. I met some nice guys who know how to race cleanly and then met some others who dont mind talking c*** the entire race.

I know one race was just a NASCAR sledging match where there were 3 of us just running around making jokes and having a laugh at the expense of NASCAR drivers. I must say that the race was my most enjoyable in all of the SS I have done and to put a cherry on top of that I got no incidents.

I think that by starting in the pits then picking the drivers off one by one works well at USA International. I had little to no problems most races. I avoided a couple of wrecks, got pushed down to the inside wall a couple of times but other than that it was fairly easy and I even got top 5's in the middle split races. Other times in the higher splits I just drove around at my own pace and had chat with the other drivers. Unfortunately I dont think this will work at charlotte as the cars will catch you quite quickly and the draft also plays a big part unlike at USA Inter.

a friend of mine insisted on trying iracing which i did but did not like it very much and decided to concentrate on other games. i only played 1-2 days.
today i checked my credit card and found out iracing took 12 more dollars from me to subscribe for another month. it appears auto-renewal was on. is that standard or did i activate it in sleep? i'm kind of dissapointed of this method of stealing money...

a friend of mine insisted on trying iracing which i did but did not like it very much and decided to concentrate on other games. i only played 1-2 days.
today i checked my credit card and found out iracing took 12 more dollars from me to subscribe for another month. it appears auto-renewal was on. is that standard or did i activate it in sleep? i'm kind of dissapointed of this method of stealing money...

got caught out once by that auto renew enabling after renewing sub, had always made sure it was off.

I am a slow driver several seconds off the pace so I race to challenge myself to finish with a clean record and not interfere with other drivers. Last night I started 22nd in the pits for GT1 at Monza and finished 11th with 2x total by avoiding wrecks and only having one spin at T1 (low speed so got 0x). I am surprised I did not spin out more since the track/car felt so slippery (only used default setup).
:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back