iRacing General Discussion

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
Here guys share your latest achievements, news and race results. This keeps it all nice and tidy. I will start us off by saying I made it to B class. Woot Woot!!! Finally did and entered my first B class event, WSCS only for it to not go official. Anyways share away :thumbsup:

Was up to 2.94 on the SR and was hoping to get over the line in an MX-5 race last night. Unfortunately I got caught between a Squirrel Sandwich with car in front turning into me twice and car behind running into me for a total of 12 points for "incidents". Ended up with -.09, which sucked. In hindsight, I should have pulled over, let them go and droned around in 5th place on my own for a small increase in SR. But having Squirrel No.1 disqualified when he went off track and careened wildly into me, as I tried to go by, made up for it. It's a long road in Rookie class.

Hi guys,

I just signed for iRacing in friday, my main goal is to enter gt sprint series, but for now have to go out the rookies in mazda cup. Yesterday I did my first race with only 2 minor contacts finished 2nd and already have 3.51 safety rating. As far as I understand fast track, as soon as I reach 4 I will become class D ?

Hi guys,

I just signed for iRacing in friday, my main goal is to enter gt sprint series, but for now have to go out the rookies in mazda cup. Yesterday I did my first race with only 2 minor contacts finished 2nd and already have 3.51 safety rating. As far as I understand fast track, as soon as I reach 4 I will become class D ?
Correct. Check in your profile and it'll tell you any other criteria you'll need for further license progression.

I dont race such cars usualy in other sims (like the mazda) I found that it is very tricky, much harder to do consistent laps in 0.5 or even in 1.0 seconds. If you miss apex you loose a lot of time due to the slow acceleration. Now on summit point week I did my best 1.25 but my laps can go between 1.26 and even 1.28 where in RF2 with gt3's I can do laps within a second even half a second easily. :)

yeah its a very difficult car to drive because momentum is the key. I much prefer the faster cars, but i believe mastering techniques in the Mazda is essential if you want to master other cars. I didnt do this, but i can see the benefits of doing so.

don't worry metzger. the key now is to develop a good buying strategy for next season. we now enter week 10, so three more weeks to go, then the dreaded week 13 between seasons, so you have 4 weeks before the next season proper starts. the new schedule is usually out a week or so before the season ends, wait for that before you buy anything, do laps in the free cars and tracks, do some ovals, learn how to handle the sr system wisely, enjoy the game. hunt the forums for advice on how to advance cheaply to where you want to go. once the schedule is out, figure out how best to get to your favourite series quickly and buy in packs of six items which will give you the best price (and cry a little, since at the beginning it is so f... expensive.) enjoy, it's the best online racing game out there, cu on track.

don't worry metzger. the key now is to develop a good buying strategy for next season. we now enter week 10, so three more weeks to go, then the dreaded week 13 between seasons, so you have 4 weeks before the next season proper starts. the new schedule is usually out a week or so before the season ends, wait for that before you buy anything, do laps in the free cars and tracks, do some ovals, learn how to handle the sr system wisely, enjoy the game. hunt the forums for advice on how to advance cheaply to where you want to go. once the schedule is out, figure out how best to get to your favourite series quickly and buy in packs of six items which will give you the best price (and cry a little, since at the beginning it is so f... expensive.) enjoy, it's the best online racing game out there, cu on track.

Thanks, yes I m working on that, I want to reach class b to enter blancpain sprint sseries for the new season, unfortunately have no choice of free content for this week d class series so had to buy interlagos for cadi cup. I m already D 3.4 So I hope to get C this week after 4 clean races :)

I became C one month ago after 5 or 6 races with Cadillac. (since then I couldn't play during some weeks)
To be honest, it was a mission!!
1) I'm not talented and need to practice tracks again and again before doing decent lap times (decent for me is usually 3" from the fastest). My time is limited. Usually on days 1 and 2 I do practice only + 1 TT when I feel more confortable to validate I'm able to do some clean laps. Then, one race or 2 when I have time.
2) During races I always focus on my SR and my pace is usually 3" slower than my best time.
3) I like this car but it's difficult to do clean races amoung 30 furious guys. I think I never saw a clean race. On the other hand, be lucky = good result without being fast.
4) Last but not least, I recently got a CSW V2 and I'm still slower than with G27...

Anyway, my target is also becoming B in order to enter IMSA for next season.
To be eligible for B, I decided to do several races in Mazda advanced Cup. I'm slow, desperatly slow. Yesterday evening I directly jumped in the Mazda after a race in the Cad. Really bad idea. I was totally lost. I "succeeded" to lose one lap in Road Atlanta against top 6!!. Without seirous incident.
I fully agree mastering technique is essential for Mazda and very helpful with other cars.

But I'm more and more sticked with this game.

I'm about to renew my subscription and when I do, I'll come back on here and give you a link to a fantastic thread where the guys in the Blancpain series helped me level up efficiently and quickly. I used the SRT series for that. I believe the thread was back in the spring.

I became C one month ago after 5 or 6 races with Cadillac. (since then I couldn't play during some weeks)
To be honest, it was a mission!!
1) I'm not talented and need to practice tracks again and again before doing decent lap times (decent for me is usually 3" from the fastest). My time is limited. Usually on days 1 and 2 I do practice only + 1 TT when I feel more confortable to validate I'm able to do some clean laps. Then, one race or 2 when I have time.
2) During races I always focus on my SR and my pace is usually 3" slower than my best time.
3) I like this car but it's difficult to do clean races amoung 30 furious guys. I think I never saw a clean race. On the other hand, be lucky = good result without being fast.
4) Last but not least, I recently got a CSW V2 and I'm still slower than with G27...

Anyway, my target is also becoming B in order to enter IMSA for next season.
To be eligible for B, I decided to do several races in Mazda advanced Cup. I'm slow, desperatly slow. Yesterday evening I directly jumped in the Mazda after a race in the Cad. Really bad idea. I was totally lost. I "succeeded" to lose one lap in Road Atlanta against top 6!!. Without seirous incident.
I fully agree mastering technique is essential for Mazda and very helpful with other cars.

But I'm more and more sticked with this game.

Black Friday dea is on, if that's of interest to you.

What car are you thinking of running in the IMSA?

Greg Hill posted update on his work on iRacing sounds. Sounds very promising :).

Aussie Greg Hill said:
This is how it sounds in the sim from trackside - flatulence and all :D

No edits or fudging, just a static camera view. The sound is not finished yet and the onboard is still receiving the final polish.
As you can hear there are a lot of sounds going on in this hybrid system - harvesting whines, rattles and turbo noises. The flatulent sound is the MGU-H keeping the turbo spun up as a form of anti turbo lag (my wife's turbo diesel needs this tech badly).
There are 3 complete sonic models for this engine for cockpit, onboard/chase and trackside/distance. This engine is made up of multiple layers but most notably onload, steadyload and offload layers across the RPM range. Plus all the other sounds that need to be hooked up.

Anyway....this is probably my first post in my new role at iRacing so here's some info. If you haven't heard I'm now focusing exclusively on iRacing. I'll be pushing for a better sonic experience as hard as I can and the whole team are eager to support that, hence the reason Steve Myers begged me like a little girl wanting a pony, oh and thanks for the case of Shiraz and a subscription to “The Modern Drunkard” magazine. :lol:

On a serious note though, the goal is to develop a more authentic sonic experience and to better communicate the physics and environment. Every aspect of the audio system (including the actual sounds) should serve as sonic clues to deliver useful information to the sim-racer for a greater sense of connection. For example the new particle system for debris and backfires events requires a range of sounds for every permutation the physics can produce. There are 100's of particle sounds for each surface (grass, dirt, marbles, gravel traps) and 1000+ backfires because most are unique to each car. This all makes the whole experience livelier.

We've made changes to tire skid thresholds so the progression to skidding is smoother and communicative about grip levels. The surface sounds have been totally remixed and there are some new engines on the way. I'm pretty excited by this next build and the sounds have really taken the next step. Steve didn't say in his blog but the Ford based stockcars will finally have their own voice and I have source for the Toyota engine sound sitting here ready to be built.

We are drafting an audio road-map and fleshing out ideas that will take the sound of iRacing to a whole new level - very exciting!

Hope you like the MP4-30 sound clip!

Black Friday dea is on, if that's of interest to you.

What car are you thinking of running in the IMSA?
I never bought car so far. I was expecting new GT3 to arrive for Season 1 2016 and I guess as least one would be integrated into IMSA. But it looks they won't be on time.
So, if by chance I succeed to be promoted B (more and more uncertain ; I lost my mojo), I'll probably go with the Porsche. There are too many DP and I'm clearly not at level to fight in top class.

I managed to get B and did a blancpain sprint in okayama and now going for Motegi.Still getting used to the Z4. I wonder why so many ruf's in the gt's and they are in the front of the grid are they faster somehow ? I hope to be able to do endurance race sometime but for now no time neither teammate.

Why the rumors for iRacing are that it has bad physics ? I managed to configure FFB to feel very well strong and informative and the car behaves very well.

I totally enjoy driving the c spec. I've not used the track car a lot though.

I recently tried the Ford gt. Not a bad car. Sounds gorgeous easy to drive, tricky to drive quick but has a very different feel to the faux Porsche

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back