iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • shenken

What excites me is that with all the bumps on each track due to the laser scanning technology, makes the racing experience even more realistic. I´ve watch several Late Model videos on You Tube now and it gets me horny to see the challenge. Oval track... Watch out... Here I come soon :)

• Robert Hicks

It is actually very fun and challenging. If you hit a bump wrong as you dive into a turn on an oval, you are done.

• Robert Hicks

thats the same here, again it is not the money, but the concept of it which i refuse to accept.

I agree completely. Oh, and the world is flat and nothing you can say will change my mind! :p

Seriously, You spend $20 to $50 on every sim game you buy and some of them are terrible. With this game, the software is free. You pay for just the first month and then never pay again if you don't like it. If you do like it, decide what subscription you can afford and go for it. Even at $20 a month, it's cheaper than 2 movies but gives you lots more entertainment.

You are a great racer and I have a lot of respect for you, but if you don't at least give it a try, you are doing yourself a disservice.

I've been a Beta tester there since May and I've been sucked in, lol. The physics and graphics are stunning. The accuracy of the tracks really made me take notice. I've been to Laguna Seca and did some installation laps there. They pretty much hit elevations track distances right on the nose. It's alot different than the rFactor/GTR2 versions. The same goes for Limerock. They have Silverstone and it's pretty close to watching T-cams on the F1 cars on TV. I've re-met so many of the sim community that I thought disappeared, so it's been like a reunion for me.

There are no GT cars yet, so I dont know how you guys would like it here at RD. You could start by using the Radical, so you could compare it to Race07, I suppose.

I signed up for a year. Time to kiss the wife and kids goodbye becasue I'm going to get my monies' worth :)

• Robert Hicks

Rofl, I posted in this thread, but it got moved. I couldn't find it at first and was wondering what the hell happened to it.

I love the idea of the sim, Not sure about the cost thing but im sure I will try it,
I probrably would only use it for oval racing and I think its best for me to wait before I subscribe, Full flags are a requirement for oval racing :)
Until I get bored of ARCA that will keep me oval racing for a while.

I also find not being able to set up private races for your friends a little strange, Just that alone is no good for somewhere like RD, No leagues could be set up or even fun nights. That is the sale killer for me.

Conclusion.

I will give it a go when it is avaliable to the general public but im sure with all the lack of features that a racing community needs and other features that I would like to see, I dont think I will be on it that much. I know some people like the most realistic driving you can get, I personally prefer good racing with friends. We shall see what the future holds.

thanks for this great review Robert!

the rating i also like, and not just for speed but for clean driving as well, very much welcome!

the pre-set times of races and no possibility to organize your own events can be a big road block in my eyes for communities to really own this game.

Also taking account this is so new and almost could be labelled a W.I.P.,who knows what it could bring in the near future,imagine they "lease out" a year "contract" kind of thing to RD?,we all pay through here and our races/leagues/fun nights/FD nights,all get set up as usual by the people we all know and love(or hate:angel:) right here amongst the RD organisers,in a sort of "iracing sanctioned" recognised very large respectable group of racers,and because we bring such instant large volume traffic we get nicely discounted prices ofcourse :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes