• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Apps intelliboost 0.5

setup your own boost mapping for each car- track- combination

1. Gallow24

Gallow24

Ratings:
    +27
    Gallow24 submitted a new resource:

intelliboost - setup your own boost mapping for each car- track- combination

Read more about this resource...

2. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +1
    How do you go about getting the start-end points for whatever track you're making a setup for?
    Is there some telemetry info where you can get the track position for sections that you have +95% throttle. I watched the video and there's not really any hints of how to get the data.

3. Gallow24

Gallow24

Ratings:
    +27
    I think you misunderstood.
    You need to define the boost points on your own. This is a work you need to do on your own.
    The tool will only boost when you pull the gas more than 95%. This is a feature to ensure you get boost when it's efficient. And in the pit it will not boost when you don't want the app to do this.

4. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +1
    No I completely understand i am asking what method you use to get the points

5. Amir Vodokotlic

Amir Vodokotlic

Ratings:
    +218
    Very nice!

With this tool and bit of trial and error you can essentially optimize ERS with every track combo.

Watching this past weekend F1 race they were talking about de rate and Pat Symonds said they only need to run one lap around any track and they can calculate optimal ers use!

6. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +97
    So basically I go around a track, look at the app to see the value the Lapdistance field gives me for when I want to start/stop ERS and then set those values in the file as STARTPOINT|ENDPOINT? Seems easy enough, although a bit fiddly perhaps, but looks like it would bring a new level of detail to cars with ERS :thumbsup:

Sorry for asking for more features only a few hours after release, but do you plan on expanding the functionality? Maybe the app could read the ERS active/inactive state and note down the Lapdistance value automatically? Maybe add a parameter to give less than 100% boost to use less energy, like the stock ERS presets do in certain situations?

7. Gallow24

Gallow24

Ratings:
    +27
    It´s not possible for me to add a "trigger button" to give less than 100% boost. This is more complex and i don´t now how to simulate this kind of button with python.

A record option would be nice. I will take a look into this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. coret3x

coret3x

Ratings:
    +9
    great app! maybe you can tweak the usage by alternating on and off quickly? so a very fast on/off will use a lot of battery but not 100%

9. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +1
    A record option would make this a really good app. Something where you could just run a hot lap and have it automatically record the positioning for parts where you're on +95% throttle.

10. robnitro

robnitro

Ratings:
    +30
    Could you make one that auto activates DRS when it is allowed, of course there is auto disable in a brake/corner.

11. Viper_Polo

Viper_Polo

Ratings:
    +6
    This is a great concept and will allow more consistent laps when hotlapping in cars with ers!

Looking forward to any improvements you may work on in the future

12. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +320
    If you activate the developer apps, there is an app called DRS-zones. It gives you your position on track in percentage of progress

13. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +320
    I think that would be too much (you drive nearly everywhere with 95%+ throttle), but maybe you drive around the track at walking speed and push a button where you want to give ERS