Input lag

Hi. I had this issue since years but never bothered, but now i want to find the reason for this input lag.

When I turn my wheel on the monitor there is a very small delay, but it is not in all games. in Assetto Corsa everything is fine, even with the fastest movements. But than in Raceroom this effect is very clearly seen on fast movements.

I have an standard WQHD 27" monitor with 60 Hz.

is it becoause of the low Hz? but than this effect would be in all games i think.

THX

• Deleted member 197115

In my experience, it only introduces microstutter without really having an effect on input lag.
Microstutter is the result of CPU not able to keep up as it cannot prerender ahead even a single frame, so this is why settings at On (1 frame buffer) is recommended as middle ground solution for most.
I had pretty smooth play with it on Ultra on COD MW 2019, with subjectively reduced lag. I think disabling VSync in game and forcing Adaptive in driver actually helped more.
But yeah, in BL3 I see occasional microstutter.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have sadly the same problem..
The ingame wheel is not synchronize with my outgame wheel..my gaming setup has enough power and i try the outgame wheel on diffrent pc´s and tv´s / monitor´s .. inputlag.. .. now im waiting for my G29 in the next days... i think it is my "fake" outgame wheel.. SUZUKA RACING WHEEL.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have sadly the same problem..
The ingame wheel is not synchronize with my outgame wheel..my gaming setup has enough power and i try the outgame wheel on diffrent pc´s and tv´s / monitor´s .. inputlag.. .. now im waiting for my G29 in the next days... i think it is my "fake" outgame wheel.. SUZUKA RACING WHEEL.
What game? What CPU and GPU?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes