Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter

Misc Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter v215.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
same here. When I open the Pure config window and go the PP tab it appears to be constantly refreshing the page like it's stuck in some kind of loop and maxing out the CPU. Reset Pure button had no effect. Performance was too low in VR to do much troubleshooting. Went back to another filter and issue was gone. I'm on Pure 0.190
Coul you open lua debug and open weatherFX impl. tab and screenshot that for me? ( in game)

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Somewhat big upgrade, also should fix some issues for people running older pure

Hey everyone.
• I have fixed some values. Early mornings shouldn't be as dark anymore. Brightened up bad weather a little bit.
• Added a couple of new things, like dynamic godrays which get brighter the lower the sun angle is. This can be turned off under pp tab in pure config.
• Adjusted the bloom in the last update but in this one I ended up adding a new slider so yall can just adjust it to your liking.
• I cleaned up the pp tab. All comments ( of what the custom sliders do) will only...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Small bug fix - too strong godrays for VR users

My sincere apologies for so many updates. I know everyone dislikes too frequent updates but unlike other filters this is made for screen and VR and i missed something. The same values for screen and vr users did not work out well when it comes to the dynamic godrays so this needed a quick fix. Let me know if you have any issues. Again, I am sorry.

Edit - asked how to make it more bright during heavy rain, after posting I found the settings to do so in the pp filter :)
That menu was scrolled to the bottom and I simply didn't notice there are a lot more options at the top of that page.
I set the 'light during bad weather' a lot higher and now it's perfect :)

Last edited:
Edit - asked how to make it more bright during heavy rain, after posting I found the settings to do so in the pp filter :)
That menu was scrolled to the bottom and I simply didn't notice there are a lot more options at the top of that page.
I set the 'light during bad weather' a lot higher and now it's perfect :)
I am glad you found it! Enjoy

For Pure 0.222 with the new sunblinding

The biggest update is the new look of the sun and godrays (sunblinding).
With this update when sun is in front of you ( in the camera) initially, the sun will be fairly bright but in a few seconds, it will tone down a bit, imitating your eyes getting used to it. This makes some stuff darker but will brighten back up as soon as you turn away from the sun. Pretty cool effect but I tried to keep this to a minimum. Found it a little too much when I made the changes too drastic. Plus it looks...

Some updates for the newest pure, more info below

I have reworked the brightness of the skydomes for all weather types separately for day, sunset / sunrise, and night time.
Made VR a little bit brighter at very early and late hours when the sun was just below the horizon. It was way too dark.
Also updated the sunblinding a little. Pictures do not tell you the whole story. With the sunblinding effect in IV PureCS there are several things that change dynamically when the sun is in the camera. This works in both screen and VR mode. When you...

Thank you for your contious work. Will try it hopefully tomorrow. Tried the previous version last Thursday but didn't like the sky brightness. The stock pure vr filter seemed much better although I preferred your filter before pure had the latest update

Thank you for your contious work. Will try it hopefully tomorrow. Tried the previous version last Thursday but didn't like the sky brightness. The stock pure vr filter seemed much better although I preferred your filter before pure had the latest update
Interesting. Tell me more what you disliked with this update.

From the conversation at the Reviews section you said : Sol is not needed no more so you supposed to delete it. Not sure what does it look like with sol static since i don't use sol but I do wonder if you are not using pure skydomes then.

Verfied, the Clouds tab of the PPConfig is configured with skydomes, no 3D Clouds. Tried 3D Clouds for a while but the drop of FPS is too much for my settings. I will continue with skydomes for now.

I only use SOL as Weather Controller at the Drive\Single\QUICK tab. What weather controller has to be set with this PPFilter?

The Sunblinding feature is working and it's amazing. Feels very real in VR.
Even the Sun reflection on the steering wheel has changed and looks really good.

Driving at Feldbergrind with my own car (i30) at sunset with the sunblinding effect through the trees was a true WOAW.

Thank you for your work.

Interesting. Tell me more what you disliked with this update.

Looks really nice and natural overall, exactly what I am looking for. Personally, I'd like the sun blinding to be a bit more intense, just like in the stock Pure VR filter. It doesn't really give me that sensation of being blinded anymore that I have IRL now everyday because the sun is always very low. Also the god rays the sun blinding create are not so much noticeable.

But maybe this is tweakable within your parameters. I haven't checked that yet but I will. Of all he custom filters that I've tried since I started AC, yours is by far the nicest to my preferences.

PS: I'm on VR using a G2.

I hope I'll find the time over the course of the week to see if I can optimize it even more to my liking.

Last edited:
Looks really nice and natural overall, exactly what I am looking for. Personally, I'd like the sun blinding to be a bit more intense, just like in the stock Pure VR filter. It doesn't really give me that sensation of being blinded anymore that I have IRL now everyday because the sun is always very low. Also the god rays the sun blinding create are not so much noticeable.

But maybe this is tweakable within your parameters. I haven't checked that yet but I will. Of all he custom filters that I've tried since I started AC, yours is by far the nicest to my preferences.

PS: I'm on VR using a G2.

I hope I'll find the time over the course of the week to see if I can optimize it even more to my liking.
Hey. I tried not to blind myself in a way that it annoys me. Plus with normal Pure the whole sky is so bright around the sun that you can not even pinpoint the sun which is also not true to real life. I do have a custom slider for the sunblinding if you want a little bit extra. Slider is called glorious godrays and its under the pp tab in pure config.

Also please keep in mind that there is some darkening going on after a few seconds when you look at the sun. First its bright then calms down so you can see the sun easier.
Once you check out the custom sliders please feel free to leave a review for me:) thanks

Last edited:

Small update : Brightness adjustments

I had to adjust the brightness a little bit because sometimes headlights just completely blow out details on white cars and in VR even the sun's reflection sometimes was too much on buildings. See the picture of what was changed.
I tried to keep the brightness as high as possible without having that issue. There is a fine line between having superb brightness and blown out details in certain scenarios. From day 1 my vision for this filter was to create something that works all around since...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea