Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter

Misc Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter v215.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Something within your custom shaders patch settings is making the engine noise external only even from cockpit. You have any idea which setting it is?

Edit: I found the fix, it's a setting under "General Patch Settings" called "Use Exterior Sounds Everywhere" that was enabled for some reason in the CSP settings
was that a csp setting included by me?

Hello, thanks for the fast reply, my bad! After I wrote the question I had read again the decription and find out that is written there it is 2 in 1. I am going to try now. Also I downloaded Pure PP filter. I have pimax 8kx and 4090, so I am trying to tune AC to the best possible quality, but even with openXR my PC has issues. As a benchmark I am using nordschelive, night, thunderstorm and 23 cars. maybe it is overkill even for my system, but strange is that OpenXR is showing 75 to 91 fps, but in reality if I am under 90fps it is lagging and stuttering. I do not understand why. If I play via SteamVR then it is 50-90 fps but 50+ is still somehow visualy OK, but with openXR it is laggy everytime under 90. I do not uderstand why. Also lights of my car during the night are too bright, if there is car in front of me, than it is like white if have my lights on. I think night is an overall issue with VR, it looks a little bit to dark, somewhere too exposured.
You might wanna jump on the openxr discord server and tell them your issue.
About your headlights being too bright. Did you setup your lighting fx the way how I show you in the description? Also there is a headlight slighter under pp tab in pure config but use it moderately. It will also make streetlights darker.

You might wanna jump on the openxr discord server and tell them your issue.
About your headlights being too bright. Did you setup your lighting fx the way how I show you in the description? Also there is a headlight slighter under pp tab in pure config but use it moderately. It will also make streetlights darker.
Yes, there is a lot what to do in CSP tools, so I really like your description how to lower headlights effect. Thank you for the discord link. Overally I think that current generation of VR is not good enough for the dark/bright scenes like night. Maybe Pimax crystal is better at this. Yesterday I tried PureCS and one question, I drove during the day with celar sky, but shadow under the Formula cars was too bright, it should be almost black but it was like light gray shadows. could you tell me what setting is the best to improve particulary this kind of shadows? Thank you in advance.

Yes, there is a lot what to do in CSP tools, so I really like your description how to lower headlights effect. Thank you for the discord link. Overally I think that current generation of VR is not good enough for the dark/bright scenes like night. Maybe Pimax crystal is better at this. Yesterday I tried PureCS and one question, I drove during the day with celar sky, but shadow under the Formula cars was too bright, it should be almost black but it was like light gray shadows. could you tell me what setting is the best to improve particulary this kind of shadows? Thank you in advance.
go to
"assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\pure_scripts"
open my filter in a text document and look for this line:
"pure.config.set("shadows.presence", 0.755, true)"

change 0.755 to 1.000

or 1.200 if you want it slightly darker but obviously this will make all shadows darker ( like under the bridges, overpasses, etc.

go to
"assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\pure_scripts"
open my filter in a text document and look for this line:
"pure.config.set("shadows.presence", 0.755, true)"

change 0.755 to 1.000

or 1.200 if you want it slightly darker but obviously this will make all shadows darker ( like under the bridges, overpasses, etc.
Great support, thank you mate!

Last edited:
CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Updated cloud brightness and added a new slider

Hey everyone. I highly recommend you don't skip this version.
Small update but an important one. I adjusted the cloud brightness for daytime, so some clouds won't look as dark. I did make OverCast clouds darker to give it more depth. Originally the overcast clouds were just a super bright white sky. Now you can see more details of the clouds. Not a huge difference but to me the original look was unrealistic.
Also adjusted some values to make buildings and roads a little bit brighter. Also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Brightness issue fixed and added display slider

Mistakes sometimes happen. I changed something when added the minimum daylight brightness last time. With this update, I fixed the issue and also added a slider to easily adjust the display brightness on the go. Look it up under the pp tab. Also moved minimum daylight brightness to the top. I believe it would be better to change this first before messing with overall daylight brightness. This way you can dial back some brightness from the buildings and the road instead of messing with the...

Fixed glowing road surface for ALL bad weather!

My apologies. Originally I used a code that dynamically changed the reflection level depending on the "badness" of the weather. Unfortunately, this only fixed the glowing road during heavy thunderstorms and heavy rain. Thanks to txgarden who brought it to my attention so now fixed and works for all weather!

Also, the initial night time brightness for VR was too low. You might have fixed this before using the custom sliders but I wanted to change this for those who have never used this...

Weird issue with the latest release. Clean/fresh install with no preexisting versions left hanging around in the pp filters folder. Whenever I use this filter, the game boots into VR fine but is only utilizing about 35% GPU and producing about 10 FPS. Checked every other pp filter in my inventory and do not have the issue with any other, they all have expected performance and good frametimes. 10700k, 32gb ddr4, 3080, VP2 VR headset, OpenVR. Any ideas?

Weird issue with the latest release. Clean/fresh install with no preexisting versions left hanging around in the pp filters folder. Whenever I use this filter, the game boots into VR fine but is only utilizing about 35% GPU and producing about 10 FPS. Checked every other pp filter in my inventory and do not have the issue with any other, they all have expected performance and good frametimes. 10700k, 32gb ddr4, 3080, VP2 VR headset, OpenVR. Any ideas?
that is interesting. So far you are the only one with this. can you attach a file how does the pp tab looks like in the pure config? Also you can open lua debug and open weatherfx tab and screenshot that also

Last edited:
same here. When I open the Pure config window and go the PP tab it appears to be constantly refreshing the page like it's stuck in some kind of loop and maxing out the CPU. Reset Pure button had no effect. Performance was too low in VR to do much troubleshooting. Went back to another filter and issue was gone. I'm on Pure 0.190

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.