Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter

Misc Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter v215.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hiya i used this on monza, with a mercedes gt3 at night, in vr. I found that the display in the car is unreadable, its so bright that you can't read anything from it. Im not sure if this is a ppfilter issue, or something else. Also is there a filter or something that dynamically adjusts the brightness where you look, like our eyes do, i feel like that could be useful in vr, but idk

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Small update before new Pure drops

Adjusted a few cloud brightness. Adjusted the contrast to have a more punchy look. Disabled new ambient light v2 that will be introduced in the new Pure. I have spent hours trying to make it look good for me but I just couldn't so sticking with the good old ambient settings. For a long time, I had adjusted and set ambient lights to be dynamic for low sun angles ( early and late times and for bad weather) so I believe the filter will be just fine as is.

Read the rest of this update entry...

CS0CS0 updated Improved Visuals Pure CS filter. Screen and VR ppfilter with a new update entry:

Small update before new Pure release

/reupload.. forgot to include the file/

Adjusted a few cloud brightness. Adjusted the contrast to have a more punchy look. Disabled new ambient light v2 that will be introduced in the new Pure. I have spent hours trying to make it look good for me but I just couldn't so sticking with the good old ambient settings. For a long time, I had adjusted and set ambient lights to be dynamic for low sun angles ( early and late times and for bad weather) so I believe the filter will be just fine as i

wait i just realized this was made to be used with Pure and im using Sol, are there any pp filters for Sol that are good in VR (tbh this still looks pretty decent in VR)

wait i just realized this was made to be used with Pure and im using Sol, are there any pp filters for Sol that are good in VR (tbh this still looks pretty decent in VR)
I dont think this does anything for Sol. Pure is only $1. I don't know much about sol so dont know what ppfilter is good for it

Recommended Lightning shaders settings

So I just learned that I can not adjust the settings for the lightning shaders. Everyone needs to set this themselves.

Shaders.lightning.speed 0.900
shaders.lightning.discharge_ionisation 1.000
shaders.lightning.bounced_light 1.500

This is made for a more realistic, powerful but not too crazy lightning.

Recommended Lightning shaders settings

So I just learned that I can not adjust the settings for the lightning shaders. Everyone needs to set this themselves.

Shaders.lightning.speed 0.900
shaders.lightning.discharge_ionisation 1.000
shaders.lightning.bounced_light 1.500

This is made for a more realistic, powerful but not too crazy lightning.

Where do we go to set up the light shader settings? I've tried a number of different PP filters and this seems to be the one I always come back to. I might suggest coming up with a more snappy, memorable name for it but that's just me. Thanks for your continued work on this.

Where do we go to set up the light shader settings? I've tried a number of different PP filters and this seems to be the one I always come back to. I might suggest coming up with a more snappy, memorable name for it but that's just me. Thanks for your continued work on this.
Hey. light shader? you mean lightning shader? I have an image under updates where it shows you. Also my preferred settings are there. To be honest my filter used to be called PureCS but Peter asked me to rename it so i slapped Improved Visuals in front of it since i wanted to keep PureCS. If you enjoy it please leave a review! thanks

Hey. Did you download the latest update from a week ago? Also make sure you install it manually!
Hello,
yes it is still the same. In addition to screen gradually getting over exposed and turning white I am getting around 20-30 fps (with any other filter it is locked to 90 and have no performance issues.) I am on VR too btw but I've tested this with regular screen rendering and it does the same thing. In addition, I also have my own debug csp setting preset where pretty much everything is disabled, I've tried it with that setting too to see if it was clashing with any of the csp adjustments but still the same result.

Last edited:
Hello,
yes it is still the same. In addition to screen gradually getting over exposed and turning white I am getting around 20-30 fps (with any other filter it is locked to 90 and have no performance issues.) I am on VR too btw but I've tested this with regular screen rendering and it does the same thing. In addition, I also have my own debug csp setting preset where pretty much everything is disabled, I've tried it with that setting too to see if it was clashing with any of the csp adjustments but still the same result.
can you contact me on discord by any chance?my user ID 537041589315567628 or my name should be cs0cs0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.