I must admit it's starting to grate....

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off :mad::mad::mad:

Fully agree, some of the videos drivers are fully over the bumps on the inside of the kerbs, try this IRL and your race will be over pretty quick.
I will be overjoyed when damage is fully implemented. A lot of the best lap times I'm afraid won't cut it with full damage. The amount of damage some would have from broken control arms and ripped off body work would be terminal.

I will be overjoyed when damage is fully implemented. A lot of the best lap times I'm afraid won't cut it with full damage. The amount of damage some would have from broken control arms and ripped off body work would be terminal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RSR (which I'm assuming is what most of us are using to track the world's best lap times) allows laps with damage turned off. We won't see any changes to those lap times like you're talking about unless this gets changed.

I don't know if it's related at all, but I've found that since one of the earlier updates (might have been 0.5 or 0.6) that the Lotus 2-Eleven is virtually undrivable. The rear end is so weak on corner entry that you get a tank slapper on mid corner, then once you fight it enough to make it out the other side, then it understeers like a 5 carriage road train on corner exit.

I've tried just about everything to try and dial out the oversteer, but nothing works. It feels like its a differential related problem with the rear wheels.

But have you tried ctrl-a ?
Lotus 2-11 is one of my most favourite cars in AC, and turning off ABS is huge. You get the same happy to rotate end but without the snap oversteer tendency during trailbraking.
And also 90% of the time understeer is drivers problem. If you at any point in turn hesitate and let the car settle and it *will* understeer, but if you slam the accelerator right at the apex (with correct speed) it will almost powerslide out of the corner with a nice balance of under/over steer.

The feeling of getting the corners right with this car is exhilarating and you get a ton of control over the car at every point in turn. But to get there requires a base of solid driving technique and some pace.

TL DR: turn off ABS, adjust your driving to the car not vice versa, the more pace you have the better the car gets.

I stopped using the rsr app but liked that it had a pro tracking thing where everyone had to use the same session settings. Personally I wouldn't sort my times with damage off. Meaning I would only compare my times against people who have damage on. I'm never going to be an alien so I really only use timing to see how I'm comparing to the general pace.

I stopped using the rsr app but liked that it had a pro tracking thing where everyone had to use the same session settings. Personally I wouldn't sort my times with damage off. Meaning I would only compare my times against people who have damage on. I'm never going to be an alien so I really only use timing to see how I'm comparing to the general pace.

The point of having damage on when damage isn't implemented is?????

I think they reverted this for most cars, and right now only BMW M1 has possible engine damage.
Tire rip off is a bug and not a real damage (mostly happens on Joux Pane).
I blew the motor on the Pagani last week after the latest update and I ripped the tire off at Imola. Never got that track since I've never owned the game. Looked like a bug but was still cool none the less lol.

• Deleted member 151827

The Lotus cars are the ones i have issues with for lazy slides. The Elise type of Lotus'. Not saying i am a super driver, but i know when i am not in control of the slides. No input i give changes the course of the slide when it happens. I don't let this get me down because 99% of the time i have a blast on AC and think it's by far got the best handling physics out there at the moment. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The slides in the lotus I attribute to the lift off oversteer in it with no electronic dif. What I'm talking about is more to do with you slide more than likely from driver error but you really have utterly no connection to the car. It just seems to be on a predetermined path. The ones that drive me nuts are the hits from the AI that send you sliding and then pointing the wrong way.

The slides in the lotus I attribute to the lift off oversteer in it with no electronic dif. What I'm talking about is more to do with you slide more than likely from driver error but you really have utterly no connection to the car. It just seems to be on a predetermined path. The ones that drive me nuts are the hits from the AI that send you sliding and then pointing the wrong way.

The lift of oversteer especially in the 2-Eleven is horrendous! I mean, if that's how it is in real life then I'm totally fine with it, but it's just incredibly tough to drive. ahah

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.5%