I must admit it's starting to grate....

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off :mad::mad::mad:

I showed a video of me lapping in the F40 to a non-gaming mate who loves the F40, and he thought I was doing 'show' laps rather than 'hot' laps.
I know I was driving as hard as I could, but I agreed with him of course!

I really think at some point they made the F40 tougher to drive, I remember late last year it was one of my favorite cars to drive, it could break loose willingly but not as easy as it does now in the last few months. I think the patch they made a few months back on the tire model caused it to spin a lot more now. Its a real tough car to contol now, and I don't drive it as much because of it, but I still like to play around in it when I want to drift a bit or when I want to practice driving with an egg under the throttle.

Last edited:
Report in, Requiem!

I had a go yesterday evening in the F40 on Nurb. Stock setup, stock tires. Granted, it is one of the hardest cars in AC. Mainly due to the turbo kicking in which unsettles the rear greatly. I had some spins, but 95% of the slides was recoverable for me. It is a matter of anticipating, using the throttle to control the weight-transfer and simple countersteering.

I suck badly at drifting, so don't see this as a drift video. Just some catching sliding:

I had a go yesterday evening in the F40 on Nurb. Stock setup, stock tires. Granted, it is one of the hardest cars in AC. Mainly due to the turbo kicking in which unsettles the rear greatly. I had some spins, but 95% of the slides was recoverable for me. It is a matter of anticipating, using the throttle to control the weight-transfer and simple countersteering.

I suck badly at drifting, so don't see this as a drift video. Just some catching sliding:

Yea, never said catching slides was impossible, I said its a good challenge and driving the F40 at its limits is VERY tough. Its the most challenging car to drive in AC to me at the moment. I think I stated before in one of these threads that is a great car to practice drifting because its so easy to initiate a slide.

I think the Lotus 49 is slightly more forgiving and a bit less stressful to drive and catch some slides.

Uploading a video now of me jumping into the F40 at Nords with default set and 90's street tires....little bit of sliding, lots of sloppy almost wrecking, huge fun all the way. Will post video in a couple hours when it is done uploading.

Wasn't going for all out speed but ran a best of 2:20.6xx

Uploading a video now of me jumping into the F40 at Nords with default set and 90's street tires....little bit of sliding, lots of sloppy almost wrecking, huge fun all the way. Will post video in a couple hours when it is done uploading.

Wasn't going for all out speed but ran a best of 2:20.6xx

Yea, that car and that track is asking for trouble, I do have a complaint that brakes seem rather poor for that car which seems non-realistic given the race pedigree of that car. I think Mugello is more fun with the F40 because the turns are wider and longer and can you really drift a lot of those turns with practice.

Even with load cell pedals non-ABS brakes have always been trickier in sims than real life it seems. The brakes aren't bad (considering the stock pads are pretty much Pep boys quality nowadays) they just lock up easily.

Car is so much fun, I just can't drift and can barely powerslide...I'll go make some laps at Mugello now. Also kinda sucks that I'm having to use my sequential shifter on my DFGT but you can only use what your budget will allow.

I'm running pro mode with no assists (other than built in auto clutch) of course.

Even with load cell pedals non-ABS brakes have always been trickier in sims than real life it seems. The brakes aren't bad (considering the stock pads are pretty much Pep boys quality nowadays) they just lock up easily.

Car is so much fun, I just can't drift and can barely powerslide...I'll go make some laps at Mugello now. Also kinda sucks that I'm having to use my sequential shifter on my DFGT but you can only use what your budget will allow.

I'm running pro mode with no assists (other than built in auto clutch) of course.

You may try leaving stability at 100% if its too hard to control in a slide and working your way down to 75%, then 50%, etc. Its tough enough to control that car without traction control even with stability at 100%.

I think the Lotus 49 is slightly more forgiving and a bit less stressful to drive and catch some slides.
I seem to have a better time with sliding entries than exits with my current settings on the DFGT, that is, it's not hard to flick the car sideways into the corner, catch it and keep just a little countersteer until it straightens out. But it's harder for on-throttle exit slides. Maybe it just needs quicker opposite lock than the DFGT can provide.

Yeah, I could shave a couple seconds off just by not going to 1st gear and being smoother before even touching the setup but I just jumped in the car and made fun laps...I haven't driven it in forever and maybe not ever on 90's tires; BIG fun, just wish I had a cockpit and proper shifter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back