F1 2011 I can't max the limiter in 7th gear!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Gavin Hendley

Meta-SIM-morphosing
I have an issue reaching top speed, I'm at Spain pre qualy for season 3 on Xbox.
I'm using the same gear ratio and lower wings as other drivers, they are getting 320kph on the straight I'm just getting 300kph even with DRS and full use of KERS I can't go any faster.
Same on GP mode, online, and in TT.
I don't know how long this has been happening and it feels it's dropping more speed by the day.

Now im aware of the brake deadzone bug and have that set to 4% and still the same.
I'm using a standard CSR wheel, if anyone has come across a problem like this, I really like to know why it is happening.
I've also put on FM4 to check the telemetry and it gives 100% throttle.

Need to check my old ms wheel to isolate if it is a pedal problem.
If it's not a pedal problem what could it be?

Thanks

It could pretty well be that other setup options (in the game, car-wise) might cause some trouble. In case the solution Bram provided doesn't work, feel free to post your setup (and car being used) so that we can see if it's related. :)

You could also just try re-mapping your pedals in-game.

1/ Start the game via the keyboard enter key (not the wheel)

2/ Go to the controller menu and select your wheel (this should re-load the wheel's actionmap file)

3/ Customise your wheel as required (if you've remapped buttons), go to the pedal section, select the throttle and hit the enter key, then press your Throttle pedal. Now do the same for the Brake pedal.

4/ With luck things may have improved. If not, then at least it's something that you have eliminated.

Cheers

I'd try using your pad to see if straightline speed is the same, to judge if its your wheel/pedals or your set-up? You don't say which car your using but even on so called equal mode the top speed is not the same for all cars (20K is a big drop though) are you hitting rev limiter?

Thanks for the replies it's all very helpful.
This is what I was getting when my foot was fully pressed down.
10cnfd5.jpg

So I pulled out the cable from the pedals and put it back...... still the same.
I will try to reassign my buttons as mentioned by GNU
I used my pad and I was doing faster speeds, so it's the pedals.
I knew something was up in TT mode at the rolling start my ghost car would disappear in to the distance.
Tom the combine pedals wasn't ticked either but I wish it was that easy.
So I've ordered the Pedal Filter Box as Bram suggested, only cost £20 with postage and should solve this problem completely.
Again thank for your suggestions and I'll post an update when it arrives;) .

Thanks for the replies it's all very helpful.

can i make one other suggestion? you download firmware 706?

as far as i'm aware, each firmware is not linked to disconnecting wheels...they are designed for a specific purpose and essentially, they reset the wheel.

i don't know the purpose of firmware 737. if it's not the firmware or the game settings, then it's the hardware obviously. worth a try

Maybe you have spiking pedals so you don't really throttle for the full 100%?

Recently somebody made a great fix for this and posted it on our hardware section on the RD frontpage.

If this is bugging you this might be a cheap solution: http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/04/basherboards-fanatec-standard-pedal-filter-review/

Bram your the man:thumbsup:

Pedal filter arrived yesterday and works like a charm.
I was on to Fanatec about the problem and they suggested replacing the pedals after showing them a small video of the issue.
Do they not know about this product or are Fanatec just happy just to replace pedals for anyone with this problem?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
If I was anyone with Fanatec pedals I'd just buy one and keep it handy in case you need it..
It's only £20 including shipping.

Hi all, Gavin pointed me to this thread and I wanted to thank you guys for pointing him in my direction. It sounds like he's all sorted now and having a good time. That's what I like to hear!

I also wanted to mention that I just released a new version of the pedal filter that is specifically designed as a drop in item on the CSR standard pedals. It takes a screwdriver about 5 minutes to swap in the new board. It's also quite a bit cheaper than the box. You can read about it here: http://www.basherboards.com/PF1_BB

Here's a shot of it in case anyone is interested:
PF1_BB_V1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back