How would you rate the AI?

It's going in the right direction and I'd say it's a 6 out of 10 right now.
Stefano Casillo still has a lot of work to do before it is at the same level as the rest of the AC package.

The AI drivers still take me out for no reason but it does not appear to happen as frequent as it used to.

I actually had a race where I almost forgot I was racing non humans and that is a good sign.

Get in someone's slipstream down the straight and bump them in the rear to make the both of you go faster.

I know it's not a common thing to do in roadracing, but you'll notice the horrible collisions. The 'pusher' will lose something like 15km/h and the 'pushee' will gain about 8km/h and now there's a big gap between the two. This shouldn't happen.

Get in someone's slipstream down the straight and bump them in the rear to make the both of you go faster.

I know it's not a common thing to do in roadracing, but you'll notice the horrible collisions. The 'pusher' will lose something like 15km/h and the 'pushee' will gain about 8km/h and now there's a big gap between the two. This shouldn't happen.

I see no reason to do that in REAL ;) racing and I am quite certain you wont be very popular doing it to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, y'all need to stop with this bumpdrafting thing. Might be OK in NASCAR, but then again, so is punching your opponent in the face after a crash.

Small collisions may cause big consequenses. Hitting your opponent is never OK, and there is nothing wrong with the collisions in AC. Warping in MP is another story...

It's not only bumpdrafting. Bad collision physics lead to simple incidents becoming huge ones. You can't get away with anything. A simple tap sends you flying/spinning, and as much as we all want to race cleanly and without contact, that stuff just happens sometimes, and even often times.

I was only using bumpdrafting as an easy way too see for yourselves how bad the collisions are.
You can also give a small tap to a stationary car if you're that hostile towards bumpdrafting.

It's not only bumpdrafting. Bad collision physics lead to simple incidents becoming huge ones. You can't get away with anything. A simple tap sends you flying/spinning, and as much as we all want to race cleanly and without contact, that stuff just happens sometimes, and even often times.

That must be happening at high speed because I was bumping quite a lot with the AI drivers especially at the first turn at Monza and it felt completely natural to me.

Agreed with Mikaela. AI isn't brilliant, but the collision physics aren't to blame here, since they DO allow quite a bit of rubbin'. If you respect the AI like you would a human (which is surpisingly difficult), they are actually fun to race with. And quite fast!

Can't say they're fast either, I can only race the two front running cars when the AI is set too 100%.
Anywho, I'll just wait for @Msportdan to start complaining about the collisions as well, since we all know that's bound to happen at some point.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back