How would you rate the AI?

i meant the modders are having difficulty understanding CPM, only a few have done it. Obviously ISI wont release their secrests, so theres a lack of mods actually utilizing rf2 advanced physics.

anyway back on topic if you will please.

Maybe the processing power of ones rig or other factors are affecting some of the weird ai problems noted by others!

After watching my video again that exact though came to my mind. Probably part of the AI engine can generate different decision results due to have more options to evaluate. I know nothing about the AI engine besides that uses the same car physics as the driver. Also, what about having enough CPU power to properly compute 18 car physics at the same time. This is just speculation, of course.

For the record, I run on an i5 2500K at 4.0Ghz.

In T1 chicane the slow down or stop for a bit but then they continue.
Don't know if you're still talking Nurburgring but that T1 is a disaster online, for that matter every circuit with a chicane or hairpin at the start is like, 3 times as likely to have a massive pileup. It was worst in the patch when they broke ABS though, got piled into by the entire back half of the grid cause if you tried to panic brake you'd just lose 50% of your stopping distance.

Taking a full grid of cars into corners like that is gonna cause trouble, AI or people. Stopping is more sensible than running into each other.

I noticed that if you are on the race line they are aware of you and looks very promising, but if you are out of the racing line on the inside and you are slower for any reason they just bump you.

They stick to the racing line like glue in one long line, you have to try and avoid them, if you don't they will just drive right through you like your not there. But maybe that's because I am not sitting right on the racing line like they do in one evenly spaced procession.

I do notice now that sometimes if you bump one of them off the track, they disappear and reappear in the pits.

Also can anyone explain why if you get in front of them they all appear to slow down, I can be racing behind them and there going like startled gazelles and if I get to the lead and have a gap of more than a second they just won't seem to try and keep up anymore?

They stick to the racing line like glue in one long line, you have to try and avoid them, if you don't they will just drive right through you like your not there. But maybe that's because I am not sitting right on the racing line like they do in one evenly spaced procession.
That happens on tracks with old AI lines, if it's mod tracks you need to record a new line or find a mod update. If it's an official track, use the Steam verifying thing to make sure your files are up to date.

Yes, this was on the old versions, now it is much better but still have annoying issues. They are racing fine but at some situations are not aware that you are there.

Exactly but I hope that Stefano will nail it soon !

I had some really nice races yesterday with the AI @ 100% and they were attacking me left and right and if I made a small mistake they took the opportunity to overtake me.

I am really excited about this and what the next AI update will bring us :D:D:D

this slightly worries me now.

We've been here before Acs first AI were pretty good they attacked they were challenging then people moaned and the AI got easy and worse. Im afraid this will probably happen again now, because people are either to proud to turn their difficulty down or not patient enough to realise the devs will improve the AI.

Yes their not perfect but they are darn sure the best AI we've had so far in AC, and thats saying something !!

No AI is perfect you need to realise this!

My biggest issue is that the AI continues to punt me off track when I slow down. In most cases, I'm slowing down because of traffic in front of me but the AI behind me won't adjust. A perfect example is the first chicane at Monza. In the beginning lap of a Monza race, it's almost guaranteed that I will get rammed from behind. Another example is the Nurburgring Nordschleife when there are a large group of cars racing together. It's like they are programmed to take corners at whatever speed regardless of what is in front of them. They do however, seem to be good in side by side situations though. Going 2 wide in turns will normally result in them giving up the position or at least maintaining their line; I like that, make me work for the position.
Outside of the punting, I can deal with the rest of their behavior for the most part. Them going too hot into turns is natural...just brake earlier and perform an over-under maneuver. When they come back on track, I give them room like I would a live player. If I see a can in front that is driving a bit erratic, I drop back a bit and wait for them to mess up...again, like I would a real player.
Good AI is important for me because the majority of my racing is done offline. When I come home from work, I don't always feel like finding a race, qualifying then racing. I just want to get in a few good races before I wind down for the evening. Most of my online racing is done on the weekends, if I don't have plans. And to be honest, the online races that I've run weren't much better than my AI races and in a lot of cases, they were worse. So having decent AI is a big part in determining which sims I drive the most.
I think Kunos is making good progress, I've certainly seen improvements in the time that I've owned A/C.

my pro and cons of ACs ai:

+
-slipstream and overtake you on straights
-not shy to get up your inside.
-fast even at mid 90s level
-will give you room if you go inside
-good on brakes (maybe to good)
-there sideways vision isn't bad

-
-fail to avoid you on the racing line if your slow/spun round etc
-sometimes they go too wide to give you space

Last edited:
Disinformation in who's eyes yours? Yeah whatver mate.
Funny That u and hex seem to make these issues worse than they really are. Funny that I also don't see u on The official forums.

Maybe because no one cares what you have to say.

I'm finished with posting about assetto corsa on race department now. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this thread is becoming a bit ridiculous now. Final warning.

@Msportdan if you are harassing Associat0r via PM, then please be advised that if we receive proof of this then it is a ban-able offence.
"Content that is false, harassing, or offensive is not permitted at our site. Our staff will remove these items as soon as possible and will take appropriate actions against the poster."

@Associat0r you have been warned in the past about down-vote brigading. I suggest you stop it as I can see that you have done so to any post that is even mildly pro-AC. This also falls under the umbrella of harassing behaviour.
As I stated earlier, rather than resorting to petty forum behaviour, why not actually explain in a nice post why you disagree with them rather than downvoting every single thing they say? If this is too much to ask, then you too can take a holiday :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back