F1 2013 How to decrease tyre wear in a certain track(s)?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Shanghai (China), Hungaroring (Hungary), Marina Bay (Singapore) & Circuit of the Americas (Austin) are the circuits that suffer the tyres really hard & worn quickly although i drive smoothly. it's frustating :mad:

i always play GP mode with 50% distance race. at China, i only can do 4 laps on fresh option tyres & 9 laps on fresh prime so i always do a conservation mode (mix 1 when my tyres starting to wear & drive smoothly) till i stop on lap 5 or 6(O)/10 to 12(P). in Austin i suffer even more. same as china but my pace is really horrible there. never had a win, podium or pole at Austin & China and i stop more there (4 stops) :mad: (best result in 8th). at Hungary, no problem at all. Hungaroring is my fav circuit and always get a great result there :p . & fuel is the advantage in Hungaroring. so i can attack & give some pressure to car ahead of me in my final stint. but i pit more (when AI stop twice, i pit 3 times with P-P-O if i start in option tyres)

the question is same as the title of the thread. How to decrease tyre wear level in a certain track(s)? i mean what should i change in database.bin?

thanks in advance :p

You can work with your setup, increase the camber for example.

Also, the tracks you really suffer from are obviously the ones with high speed corners, I'm guessing you have similar problems in Malaysia, right? Try racing the the temperature HUD and if your tyres are overheating go into corners a fraction slower and smoother.

:notworthy::notworthy:
I think he's looking for a mod.
Henky - check the mod pages

You can download database mods here (including tyre wear) :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/categories/f1-2013-database.69/

If you have a modding question (which you do at the end of your post), then please post in the modding questions sticky thread here :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.68653/unread

Cheers :)

Karl. TBH i'm not looking for a mod. i'm just asking 'bout which values that should i change in database.bin for decrease tyre wear only for the tracks that i've mentioned. i know that there's a decrease tyre wear mod as Graham mentioned that means all of tyre wear level in all tracks would be changed and what i want is only a few tracks. besides the 4 tracks that i mentioned, the tyre wear level in another circuit is ok for me.

but when i see Graham's reply it gives me an idea for see the decrease tyre mod & see the values of tyre wear level XD ok case closed. cheers for all of you gentlemen. :thumbsup:

and oh yeah Graham. if you don't mind please delete/move this thread. i think i created a wrong thread. it should be a modding question maybe. so i do apologize :notworthy:

You can work with your setup, increase the camber for example.

Also, the tracks you really suffer from are obviously the ones with high speed corners, I'm guessing you have similar problems in Malaysia, right? Try racing the the temperature HUD and if your tyres are overheating go into corners a fraction slower and smoother.

in Malaysia yes. but my pace is great and i can manage my race pace there. i know the line properly and also i always set a fastest lap there (around 1:36-1:37) so that's not a big deal.

the big deal in China is, at turn 7 to 10 & 12 to 13 i cannot manage the corner speed properly while cornering & can't find the right line (mainly at turn 12 & 13. they are nightmares... always tend to understeer).that was happened also in Austin at turn 12 to 20. so that's why my tyres are die quickly. i didn't even put an aggressive setups. i leave default camber & toe. so the problem might be in my driving style. and thanks for the tips. i should practice more :thumbsup: cheers

Last edited:
and oh yeah Graham. if you don't mind please delete/move this thread. i think i created a wrong thread. it should be a modding question maybe. so i do apologize :notworthy:

Yeah if you want to know about database tweaks, then the question should go in the modding questions thread as you said. :)

If I were to merge it with that thread, the posts will be disjointed, due to their posting times.

I think if this thread sticks to the topic of a car setup type discussion it can stay here ........ we don't delete or remove threads unless it's really needed.

:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back