Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys, I have the game on steam now and can confirm that modding can be done. Everything seems accessible as per last year. The 80s classic cars are stored in the cars folder. The 90s classic cars are stored in a .nfs file in "f12013\download\pack_1". So I'm guessing the 90s cars will be harder to mod.

Last edited:
How would you change one of the AI Driver names? Say you wanted Sebastian Vettel to be called Jimmy Jimmison, for example. How would you go about it? Any response would be appreciated.

How would you change one of the AI Driver names? Say you wanted Sebastian Vettel to be called Jimmy Jimmison, for example. How would you go about it? Any response would be appreciated.
Okay,if you want to edit the name of the driver use Ryder Language Editor Link download:http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/
And if you want to edit the qualyfing ability or the nationality of the drivers use
Ryder Database Editor(always the same link)

What file do I open with the Language Editor?
Okay I'll give you a detailed explenation
With Lanuage Editor you open the file "Language.eng"
Click on the option "edit",then on search.
wright the suname of the driver you want to change,then search it.
When you find the surname of the driver You want to change (Example:"VETTEL","ALONSO","HAMILTON")
You click on it and right the surname you want to add instead of the original one.
Do the same thing for the Name,then save.

Please can someone assist me in stopping the camera wobble on t-cam and cockpit view, managed to do this on earlier 2010,2011,2012 versions it ruins the enjoyment of the game for me. I know this will not be everybodys choice but if anyone can help would be grateful!!!!

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
Please can someone assist me in stopping the camera wobble on t-cam and cockpit view, managed to do this on earlier 2010,2011,2012 versions it ruins the enjoyment of the game for me. I know this will not be everybodys choice but if anyone can help would be grateful!!!!

Please post these questions in the modding questions sticky at the top of this forum. :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.68653/unread

The mod forum itself is ONLY for actual mod releases.

I am merging this thread into that thread.

Hi guys,

Just downloadng F1 2011 on steam again...still have my 2012 install... Can I just copy paste the cars from the cars folder of these older games into 2013? Has anyone tried it yet? I want to start off the career mode with 2011 cars. The only concern is the new physics model...underbody/track collision model...Dont know how to just replace the model and textures. Ideally...would be nice to also use driver names from the previous games.

cheers,

V

update: Tried copying 2011 cars into the game and game crashes.

2012 cars and this happens. Corrupt textures...but also...the T-CAM view doesnt work. It goes whacky...jerks and looks at sky. Other views work fine. But in replay, T CAM works fine.

ALSO..damage doesn't work with the 2012 car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

how to open the database in this version?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 705

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500