How to change track category ?

Hello !

I would like to know if it's to modify a track category (for example to move a track from "add-on" category to "WTCC 2006") ?
Is there an editable file where it's possible to do such a thing ?

Depends on the track. If it's a track you've downloaded, you can go to the GameData\Locations\<Track> folder and edit the GDB file. Just change the 'Category' value to whatever you want.

However, you should be aware that changing that file can cause problems online. I kept getting booted as a 'possible cheat' from an RD event because I had used a tool to sort my tracks into alphabetical order. (It modifies the GDB file to accomplish that.)

It is a shame that the descriptor is checked in online mis-matching. I have about 8 track groups, and really hate the "Add-on" and "Extra" cats. I put the Barcelona 2007 in it's correct group, i.e. 2007 and wish more would do the same...

Depends on the track. If it's a track you've downloaded, you can go to the GameData\Locations\<Track> folder and edit the GDB file. Just change the 'Category' value to whatever you want.

However, you should be aware that changing that file can cause problems online. I kept getting booted as a 'possible cheat' from an RD event because I had used a tool to sort my tracks into alphabetical order. (It modifies the GDB file to accomplish that.)

Thanks for your ansmwer !
No problem with online game, I play only offline.
The aim for me is to find more easily all the tracks (I tried to create a "V8" category with australian tracks and it works perfectly.
Now I think I'm going to create other categories but I don't know how many I can create without display problems (screen is not wide enough for a lot of categories...).

Now I think I'm going to create other categories but I don't know how many I can create without display problems (screen is not wide enough for a lot of categories...).

I haven't tried it, but the categories may scale down to a smaller size so that they all fit on the screen. That's what the class selection buttons do when you have lots of them.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.