How to change track category ?

Hello !

I would like to know if it's to modify a track category (for example to move a track from "add-on" category to "WTCC 2006") ?
Is there an editable file where it's possible to do such a thing ?

Depends on the track. If it's a track you've downloaded, you can go to the GameData\Locations\<Track> folder and edit the GDB file. Just change the 'Category' value to whatever you want.

However, you should be aware that changing that file can cause problems online. I kept getting booted as a 'possible cheat' from an RD event because I had used a tool to sort my tracks into alphabetical order. (It modifies the GDB file to accomplish that.)

It is a shame that the descriptor is checked in online mis-matching. I have about 8 track groups, and really hate the "Add-on" and "Extra" cats. I put the Barcelona 2007 in it's correct group, i.e. 2007 and wish more would do the same...

Depends on the track. If it's a track you've downloaded, you can go to the GameData\Locations\<Track> folder and edit the GDB file. Just change the 'Category' value to whatever you want.

However, you should be aware that changing that file can cause problems online. I kept getting booted as a 'possible cheat' from an RD event because I had used a tool to sort my tracks into alphabetical order. (It modifies the GDB file to accomplish that.)

Thanks for your ansmwer !
No problem with online game, I play only offline.
The aim for me is to find more easily all the tracks (I tried to create a "V8" category with australian tracks and it works perfectly.
Now I think I'm going to create other categories but I don't know how many I can create without display problems (screen is not wide enough for a lot of categories...).

Now I think I'm going to create other categories but I don't know how many I can create without display problems (screen is not wide enough for a lot of categories...).

I haven't tried it, but the categories may scale down to a smaller size so that they all fit on the screen. That's what the class selection buttons do when you have lots of them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back