1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: add downloaded content to Race Series

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Günthar Rowe, Mar 23, 2011.

1. I was about to write one of these today as I just got asked again how to install something, but Viper has done a good job already :tongue:

Edit by staff to reflect Steam changes to file locations in late 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. This should be stickied then. :)
  3. Stuck :)
  4. thx Ryan/Ross
  5. so if you add a car by following the instructions..where does it appear in the game?
  6. It depends on the mod. Most of them create a new class with it's own button which will appear on the selection screen. Other mods add cars to one of the existing classes. Either way, the mod description here on RD and/or the readme file will usually tell you.
  7. I have the same problem here... I install many car mods and every time I have to go looking for the new car and it takes SO long because I have so many car classes/categories. A lot of the readme files don't tell you under which class to find the car.

Is there a way of finding out where the car will be placed by opening one of the mod files themselves?
  8. open the .inccar file in note pad and look and the Class= and it will have the name of the class the car is in.
  9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Deleted, posted in wrong thread.
  10. ;)
  11. I am having terrible trouble getting the supertouring 90's / btcc 98 mod to work in Race 07 offline.

I folloed the instructions above, game loads ok but get no new car classes in the menu - looks as it did before unpacking the mod into the relevant folders.

Have added tracks to the game with no problem but haven't managed to work out mods yet.
  12. How many mods have you got installed?

• same thing, i know how add mods but no new classes appear even after installing the gt power extension .
  13. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

What are the steps exactly you are doing? GT Power expansion pack itself doen't add a new class if I remeber correctly.
  14. JoelGL

Premium Member

We encountered the same issue as @Andreas Scholz. My friend installed GT Power expansion and we see the 2 new tracks (Mid Ohio and Chayka), but we can't find the 3 cars (Zonda, BMW M3 GT2, and Ford).

As @Steve William said, no new classes were created. So anyone knows where to find the new cars?
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

The cars can be found in the GT Pro and GT Sports classes.
  16. JoelGL

Premium Member

Thanks. But we didn't see those 2 new classes. Other than the base Race 07 and the GT Power expansion, are we supposed to have others installed? Is GTR Evolution required to see these? He doesn't have GTR Evolution.
  17. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Weird. No idea right now. Should not be necessary to own GTR Evolution I guess.
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

All the GT cars are in GTR Evo! That could very well be the reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I've gotten tracks to install correctly but I can't find cars inside the game that I have added. Where are they? How do I know they're working? What's the difference between Cars and Skins? How do I know when to put which where? Thanks