How to: add downloaded content to Race Series

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
I was about to write one of these today as I just got asked again how to install something, but Viper has done a good job already :tongue:

All download come packed in a compressed format such as .rar or .7z .
A good tool to open these is 7zip.

There are two different installation possibilities for the game, the offline version for which you require a DVD, or the online/steam version, which can be installed with either the DVD or Steam purchase.

Tracks

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07 before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

Open the compressed file (.zip/.rar/.7z).
If the folder inside is called Gamedata, extract this to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the track name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [trackname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\Gamedata\Locations

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\[USERNAME]\Race 07\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the trackname, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [trackname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\Gamedata\Locations

If the Gamedata folder and/or the Locations folder does not exist, you'll need to create it yourself.

Cars

Please note: the files found in the download section under "Cars" are always skins a.k.a. liveries for existing cars. Installation instructions for these are under "Skins". The installation instructions in this part are for ADD-ON CARS a.k.a. mods.

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07 before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside has the car name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [carname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\Gamedata\Teams

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the car name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [carname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\Gamedata\Teams

If the Gamedata folder and/or the Teams folder does not exist, you'll need to create it yourself.

Skins

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07\CustomSkins before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside is called CustomSkins, extract this to:

If the folder inside has the skin name, first check if the CustomSkins folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [skinname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\CustomSkins

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of \My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside is called CustomSkins, extract this to:
\My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\

If the folder inside has the skin name, first check if the CustomSkins folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [skinname] folder to:
\My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\

Edit by staff to reflect Steam changes to file locations in late 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
I have a moddin question. I make a private mod for myself WTCC 2015. Next year the Volvo enters the WTCC.
How can I copy a vehicle with drivers from STCC to WTCC. For example I want to copy the STCC Volvo S60 to the WTCC 2012 mod folder. Is there a way to do it?

Hi- First post- not able to install dl of gtl mod for race 07 on Windows 10 on a laptop that runs 07 very fast. Have tried downloading from different sites, but no luck. Instructions say to extract to main 07 folder- Have tried that numerous times, as well as many other ways. I am not online here very often. So, it may be sometime before I respond to any of your responses, but I will. Thanks in advance. I raced in that era and some of the skins and cars belonged to people I knew and drove against. I used to have it working fine, and stupidly deleted it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back