How much would you spend on a steeringwheel?

• Deleted member 197115

Yes, but those are barebones, right? You can't plug a logitech wheel in a Thrustmaster and use the buttons, leds and such. Or use a Fanatec wheel on a DD and all the flashy stuff works.
Communication protocol is USB, the base doesn't matter, the OS sees it as different controller, SC2 also optionally supports BT.
Fanatec wheels require conversion to support USB.

Upvote 0
Well it clearly says ^steering wheel^ in the title.
I suspect that many cheapskates like me who have Logitech gear (or similar) consider "wheel" to be a synonym for "wheel & pedals"; the concept of a wheel really being a wheel plus a base just isn't even on the radar :D

On Logitech's own site, the G29 is described as "Driving Force Racing Wheel" despite the fact that it comes with pedals (which you can deduce from the rest of the product page, of course).

Upvote 0
And to me, and I suspect many others, that clearly doesnt say whether we're talking about the rim only or the whole package... Else I wouldn't have asked...
I don’t know I am a always glass half full guy maybe you are the glass half empty guy, until you mentioned it I never once since I 1st read the thread think about the base, life is all good let’s wait for clarification. @Bram Hengeveld

Upvote 0
Around €1000-1250 for a good (but basic) wheel+base w/shift paddles, a good shifter (H-pattern) and a decent 3-pedal set with a load cell brake.

I mostly hotlap and "practice" (more like "have fun driving") in road cars and occasionally dabble in GT cars. My skill level maxes out at around F3 open wheeler power levels and if I'm quite honest, open wheel racing cars don't really interest me.

Low powerered, well-sorted, no-aero cars is what I enjoy the most for some reason.

Tips for a good package as outlined above are very welcome.

Upvote 0
Without any clarification from the OP this poll is pretty meaningless at the moment.
Some took it as "rim" (like me) others as "everything without cockpit" or anything in between.

Upvote 0
Without any clarification from the OP this poll is pretty meaningless at the moment.
Some took it as "rim" (like me) others as "everything without cockpit" or anything in between.
Maybe im a simple just read it as a steering wheel only like a addon now who knows whats going on :roflmao:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Maybe im a simple just read it as a steering wheel only like a addon now who knows whats going on :roflmao:
On the same page
The steering wheel is the part of the steering system that is manipulated by the driver
a wheel in a vehicle that the driver turns in order to make the vehicle go in a particular direction

Not sure how that could be misinterpreted.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Forum trophies