How many of the regular GTL drivers / League drivers also have rFactor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
This is just a preliminary question, if the GTL issue escalates and gets worse and more complicated, there's a chance we could use the Historix mod for rFactor.

But, obviously, I wouldn't want to freeze out anyone who doesn't have rF if I could help it, hence the poll.

Nothing's definite, so please don't think we're jumping ship and changing sim at the drop of a hat.

And please - vote honestly.

• Matt Crouch

Tried historix, gave the Cortina and the Ferrari a go and to me they felt totally different. May be down to configuration to an extent, although I followed the instructions. Engine sounds were somewhat different as well.
I guess rFactor has always seemed like more effort than its worth to me. Yes I am lazy :wink2:.

Tried Historix as well. Looks good, real nice work done there!
Engine sounds were somewhat different as well.
The sounds are (at least for some cars) completely different: try the Alpine and you'll notice inmediately the difference - I think it's better in rFactor actually :) What I don't like is the squeeling sound of the tyres. That just sounds like a really sick mice, no specific setting neither except 'sound effects'- as far as I noticed.
Luckily I can say it doesn't stink :) but the feeling is different - I don't mean worse, just different. Mainly I think because the tracks in rFactor feel so different overall (to me) .
Well worth a try if the Lobby issue remains

Edit: Had to look up a little trick to get some cars. Ferrari: 800.000 ...

To me the biggest difference in "feel" between GTL and rF is due to the FFB and Controller differences. rF has this deadzone feel in the middle of the steering rotation, for the first 5 to 10 deg of turning, nothing happens, then after that it starts to turn. GTL has great progressive steering response and predictable FFB.
I've tried almost all of the "addon" FFB hacks, fiddled endlessly with FFB settings to replicate the GTL feel, but have never been able to find it.
Apart from that, rF is not bad. The on-line code actually seems to be more stable, even than GTL.

• Frank Herfjord

how about using the Race 07 GT Legends mod? Because SimBin wouldn't want us to use their copyrighted content with unlicensed titles.

The idea of using anything except GTL kinda rubs me the wrong way. The tweakable force feedback is one of the main reasons I race GTL, perhaps even more important than the cars themselves. I assume rFactor has the same options, but it'll take a lot of time to get it just right...

But I also assume that rFactor has time trial ghosts and weather effects, so I'm a little torn.

how about using the Race 07 GT Legends mod? Because SimBin wouldn't want us to use their copyrighted content with unlicensed titles.
Opposite to the Historic Mod for rFactor, the GTL-for-Race-Mod doesn't have a GTL diskcheck (as far as I know)

Personally I still prefer GTL, but always nice to have some backup options. Perhaps after some Historic events I'm persuaded...

It would be interesting to drive some races with Touring Car Legends mod for rFactor rather than HistoriX. TCL has completely different cars that HistoriX/GTL which are great fun to drive and also FFB is very good when you use custom wheel configuration from GTR:E. Added bonus is that we could attract more people because TCL mod dosent require you to own GTL disc to install it.

:peace2:
Jari

Update time - I will be putting the Historix mod up in rFactor soon, and I'll be running a few Historix - and indeed TCL - events over there.

These will run alongside GTL, not at the same scheduled time, and not superceding GTL.

Treat these as additional events in these great cars, rather than replacements. RDHGP S4 is still going to be run in GTL.

This is just a preliminary question, if the GTL issue escalates and gets worse and more complicated, there's a chance we could use the Historix mod for rFactor.

But, obviously, I wouldn't want to freeze out anyone who doesn't have rF if I could help it, hence the poll.

Nothing's definite, so please don't think we're jumping ship and changing sim at the drop of a hat.

And please - vote honestly.

The StarForce consent thingy gets blocked by my PC, so I could never install GTL, but Ido have the Historix Mod. on rFactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes