1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of the regular GTL drivers / League drivers also have rFactor?

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Jul 9, 2009.

1. No, only own GTL

2. Yes, I own both and I would use Historix

3. Yes, I own both, but would only want to use GTL for the 60's cars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

This is just a preliminary question, if the GTL issue escalates and gets worse and more complicated, there's a chance we could use the Historix mod for rFactor.

But, obviously, I wouldn't want to freeze out anyone who doesn't have rF if I could help it, hence the poll.

Nothing's definite, so please don't think we're jumping ship and changing sim at the drop of a hat.

And please - vote honestly.
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Me! (raises hand)
  3. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

The poll's up there now.
  4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I have Historix, but I hope GTL survives, I still prefer it to rF.
  5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I prefer it to rF as well mate, but worst comes to the worst, it's there should we get desperate.
  6. Haven't voted... I own both but I haven't tried Historix so I have no idea if it's any good ;). I would like to try some of these cars round Lienz though
  7. don't have rfacror. i do have gtr2 and the power and glory mod. why not use that?
  8. I have both. I tried the Historix mod and didn't like it, just didn't feel like the same driving experience IMO.
  9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Well, I don't have GTR2, plus the rFactor community is still running here, the GTR2 one died after a couple of weeks of reinstatement, so it would seem logical that the rF one is the better choice.

Also, me not having GTR2 would make it harder for me to run or admin anything.

Also, as I understand it, P&G simulates cars as they were back then (old tyres etc), whereas GTL & Historix both simulate the modern historic racing series, ie old cars with newer tyres etc.
  10. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Most importantly, this is only a general information thing in case the DNS lobby issues drag on and need patching to fix.
  11. I have rFactor but not the Historix mod.

I DO however, have the TCL mod, which I love... Nothing like turbo 80's Group A cars (skylines!)

12. I don't have Rfactor... And will never buy it too, sorry :s
  13. I have rFactor, but I haven't tried the Historix mod (why would I when I have GTL?) I did try the P&G mod for GTR2, but still prefer GTL.
    I haven't participated any online event with rFactor, perhaps this is the time to start... (I haven't voted yet as I have no clue how it feels/smells, perhaps it stinks :th_wink:)
  14. my dummy got well and truely spat out last over the frezzers in GTRE, so count on my support.
    i own both rF and GTL but prefer rF as it seems more stable online compared to GTL :good:
  15. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I got rfactor and in desperate need of my GTL fix!!!

It would be very nice to have an event on saturday instead of COTM if the lobby havn't been fixed by then.
  16. I've got GTL but I don't play it because of starforce - therefore I play the Historix mod instead - seems to be more fun anyway, cars feel better and the sounds are great.
  17. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Don't have rF since I'd only use for Historix, looks like I may need to invest but sincerely hope not. :(
  18. you can rF for around a fiver on flebay Simon, well worth it if you ask me :victory:
  19. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

There are was around the starforce issue James. using Win7, I have to get round it myself, and it works well, without any prblems. As you own the game, I don't believe it's illegal.
  20. Yeh there is, just didn't bother to do it when I could run all the cars in rF with less problems - prefer how they feel to GTL too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.