How many lap records does JP Montoya have?

Most of the current lap records still date from 2004 / 2005 and a lot of them have been set by JPM it seems. Is he the fastest F1 driver ever? :)

Yep.
In 2004 with his Williams FW27 Montoya lapped Monza at an average speed of 262.242 km/h (1.19.525)in pre-qualifying .This is the fastest lap ever in F1 (latest records set, not top of fastest laps) .I had the video of the current lap at youtube but as i see it's disabled due to copyright. :rolleyes:

I just thought it was wrong video since i see no huge difference in speed between McLaren and WIlliams.. Kimi braked very early and Jordan was hardly a contender in 2004..

I ment out of the pits, that small road you could see Montoya closin the distance rapidly twice.
Then when they get out they near top speed.

I know Jordan was hardly a contender but you can see a pretty big closing speed there.
The pull if the BMW engine was insane, this mostly why he had the record at Brazil.

Saub paulo is pretty high up aswell so there's around 10% of hp loss as well.

A lot of people hate Montoya but I always thought he was ace. Fast as hell and aggressive! The cameraman incident alone makes him a legend lol

I sure miss these cars. Maybe the racing was abit boring with Schumacher winning almost everything. But atleast we saw cars that were monsters and sounded like a F16. We saw the top of what was possible with a car. I feel bad for the little kids these days who only have the dinky toys cars to put on the wall.

I sure miss these cars. Maybe the racing was abit boring with Schumacher winning almost everything. But atleast we saw cars that were monsters and sounded like a F16. We saw the top of what was possible with a car. I feel bad for the little kids these days who only have the dinky toys cars to put on the wall.

those dinky cars go 100kph in just 2 seconds. with an unbelievable corner speed.
and if they crash the can fly in some high regions never seen by human kind.
Its as its always is: In the past everything was better.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%