How many lap records does JP Montoya have?

That video of Indy just makes me wish I had more disposable income when the race was there as i lived in the city but couldn't afford to go to the race and had to work at times practice was held. As far as kids and good looking cars, when I was a kid it was the time of Senna, Prost and Mansell... high tech and devil machines to drive.

He is very fast driver but he wasn't feeling it, he was just terrible... It's a good reminder that the guy really is talented, when he left, he didn't really leave good memories behind...

I must disagree with you.
1.He didn't leave on his own .He was pushed to leave by Ron Dennis acusing him of a series of accidents with his participation.Yet due to uncertain future in McLaren ,NASCAR contra offered him with immediate contract for season 2007 which Montoya personally announced in july 2004. Although Ron Dennis stated that Montoya will finish his season with McLcaren he kicked him out of the team before the season has come to an end.
2.What he left in F1 is several lap records still unbeaten, and the fastest lap ever set in f1 (Monza 2004).
3.Without drivers as Montoya f1 losses the magic,spectacular and the rivalry.

I've always been in awe of the 2004 F1 cars. The Ferrari F2004 wa one of the most dominant F1 machines of all time, and they were absolute beasts, especially the Williamses with that immense engine. They were easily the fastest single-seater racing cars ever created.

Now imagine them with slick tyres... :eek:

I've always been in awe of the 2004 F1 cars. The Ferrari F2004 wa one of the most dominant F1 machines of all time, and they were absolute beasts, especially the Williamses with that immense engine. They were easily the fastest single-seater racing cars ever created.

Now imagine them with slick tyres... :eek:
Imagine today´s cars with V10 engines.

Now that would be another level of quickness. 2008 was the highest downforce year but Kimi said that the cars pretty much have the same downforce today as in 08.
That is pretty remarkable considering how much downforce they cut away for 2009. 2 years and they are back in the game :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back