How can I get a track I created in Bob's Track Builder into Rfactor2?

davef_dci

Premium
Hey folks, I could use some help. I've created a track in BTB and woudl like to begin the process of refining it in Rfactor - But I'm confused. I'm using Steam to launch R-factor - you need to right? I found the location in my local drive (I think) where the tracks are installed and I copied all the files that exported from BTB into there (see attached file 1). But when I go to Rfactor I don't see the track in my list of tracks (see #2) . And I don't see any option in Rfactor to install tracks. Frankly the interface in Rfactor looks different than any of the online "how to install a track" tutorials.

What am I missing? Any other information I can provide that woudl help you debug this?

Thank you so very much!

Attachments

• file 1.png
    file 1.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 54
  • file 2.png
    file 2.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 52
It is not a copy & paste move, significantly more complicated. rF2 uses a slightly different packaging scheme and the UI is completely different. Most people who convert rF1 tracks to rF2 use 3DSimEd available at http://sim-garage.co.uk/

Last edited:
Does BTB output files in RF1 format? I wasn't aware of that? If so, is the procedure to create the track in BTB, output in RF1 format and xlate to RF2?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back