How can I get a track I created in Bob's Track Builder into Rfactor2?

davef_dci

Premium
Hey folks, I could use some help. I've created a track in BTB and woudl like to begin the process of refining it in Rfactor - But I'm confused. I'm using Steam to launch R-factor - you need to right? I found the location in my local drive (I think) where the tracks are installed and I copied all the files that exported from BTB into there (see attached file 1). But when I go to Rfactor I don't see the track in my list of tracks (see #2) . And I don't see any option in Rfactor to install tracks. Frankly the interface in Rfactor looks different than any of the online "how to install a track" tutorials.

What am I missing? Any other information I can provide that woudl help you debug this?

Thank you so very much!

Attachments

• file 1.png
    file 1.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 60
  • file 2.png
    file 2.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 57
It is not a copy & paste move, significantly more complicated. rF2 uses a slightly different packaging scheme and the UI is completely different. Most people who convert rF1 tracks to rF2 use 3DSimEd available at http://sim-garage.co.uk/

Last edited:
Does BTB output files in RF1 format? I wasn't aware of that? If so, is the procedure to create the track in BTB, output in RF1 format and xlate to RF2?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 74 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 53 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 5.6%