Hotlap Challenge?

A bit "offtopic", thinking you're all at Mugello with the Zonda, but I am curious about one thing. The guys on the early pages on this topic doing low 28s on Monza with the Lotus 49 are using default setup? Or did you change it all up? If so, do you mind sharing a setup? Thank you.

A bit "offtopic", thinking you're all at Mugello with the Zonda, but I am curious about one thing. The guys on the early pages on this topic doing low 28s on Monza with the Lotus 49 are using default setup? Or did you change it all up? If so, do you mind sharing a setup? Thank you.

Did many laps now and my best is 1:28.700(before update latimes were half a sec faster).

Very hard car, you have to be really precise and keeping 275kp/h when exiting Ascari.

PM For setup ;)

PS: Think high 27s only possible now in 0.2 version. Someone on low 28s pls share setup :D

Last edited:
I managed to put 1,42,988 so far but there is 1sec to drop. I have not put much laps with zonda cause I am jumping through cars and making achievements. I did beat the driver who shall not be named and almost did you are way faster then him, you were flying over curbs (1,42,4) and the first one with formula abarth. Both lotus 49 achievs are illusive for me. I have no idea how to make a setup for this and don't know how to drive it.. Best I could manage is 1,30,5.

you guys have to change the road temperature. with road temperature of 20°C and Joco Gorenc setup (a bit modified) i managed a 1.41.9 too. so get his setup, change your temperature settings and try again. you will be alltogether 1-2 sec faster definitely.

It's incredible how much a good setup and a bit of practice can do. I started on 1:36.0 with FA at Valleluga. Then with a bit of tweaking I managed 1:34.5. When I downloaded a setup from AC forum, bang - 1:32.536 within three laps. I'm faster and faster with each session and driving AC is so much fun. Every lap feels so different. But I somehow lost the feel for FFB and don't feel grip after 0.2 update and new fanatec drivers.

Last edited:
It's incredible how much a good setup and a bit of practice can do. I started on 1:46.0 with FA at Valleluga. Then with a bit of tweaking I managed 1:44.5. When I downloaded a setup from AC forum, bang - 1:32.536 within three laps. I'm faster and faster with each session and driving AC is so much fun. Every lap feels so different. But I somehow lost the feel for FFB and don't feel grip after 0.2 update and new fanatec drivers.
I agree. I started with 1.34 though and was stuck in between 1.33.0 and 1.32.6 for a long while with my own setup. Then I got (probably the same) a setup from the official forum and got an 1.31.396 on my first try.

Don't know if it was discussed before - but I've just mentioned that track is pretty much different in practice and hotlap modes. Even with same time/temp setup.
In practice - track surface is clean as baby's tear:

But in hotlap mode it covered with tire marks:

I've just tried hard to set some good Zonda/Mugello time and can't get even to my previous best 1.43 (which is veeeeery bad time I set on def setup). I mentioned some difficulties on braking after long straight and fast outs was also very slippery.
After some more and more attempts I've come to such conclusion:
In hotlap mode, even after you press restart - track leaves all tyre marks you did before (on braking, burnout, slide, etc). And with every new lap braking after main straight become more and more stable and efficient + safe speed in fast outs becomes higher. So to do some good lap - it has to be done some DOZEN of laps to rubber the track.
Correct me if I'am wrong...

Hmm not sure, but low or mid 42 for sure. The 41.9 I did was abit later in the session.

Morgan Morand did a 40.6 and I was baffled how its possible, I could make a perfect lap and it would be 41 mid only. Watched his replay and it didnt look crazy fast... So I think the later you are into session, the more grippy the track gets.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back